This is "MY BUILD" INSPIRATION

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got some stuff in the mail. Knocked out some odd ball items. Still waiting for the rest which should be here in the next few days/ week or so.

Had to buy new power wire for the charge harness after finding out 8 gauge isn't thick enough so I just went with 4 gauge.

Picked up a slave since I didn't have one.

Went with NGK V-Power spark plugs for start up/ break in duty.

Spark plug tube seal were a b***h to get out but once I found a flat head it became a piece of cake.

That's all for now should be receiving a package I'm a little excited about tomorrow and Thursday.

Last edited:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Picked up another K tuned billet shifter after selling my last one to a friend of mines. Needed to be cleaned/ polished up so I whipped out the Dremel and some Blue Magic polish.

All disassembled.

After a quick pass of the blue magic polish.

All back together

Last edited:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ahhhh yeah! you know I like that s**t, bling!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally got my hands on the header I wanted.

K-Tuned Big Tube race header. It was used for startup and then taken off the owners car. Guess they went a different route.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ended up having to make a sleeve to fit over the custom screw lol. There was a lot of slack in the cable after test fitting. I guess this version of the race shifter must of came with a sleeve before K-Tuned made adjustments to their design. Any way on to the pictures.

Heat treatment to make them stronger

After they came out the polisher

Came home to yet another package curtesy of AFHkparts. The rest of the OEM goodie I needed for little stuff. Let's see half shaft bolts, slave fork boot, flywheel cover, slave cylinder bolts, K-Tuned Map sensor plug, oil filter, Honda MTF, also picked up a K-Tuned base plate, EG steering knuckle, map sensor, air temp sensor, etc.

Painted the half shaft for the hell of it.

K-Tuned Map plug installed

EP3 inspection flywheel cover.

Half shaft bolts installed

Oil filter installed. Plan to get a S2000 filter soon. Just using this for break in.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
More stuff came in for engine "Break-In".

Brad Penn SAE 30 break-in oil. This is made just for breaking in a new motor. It has a high concentration of Zinc which helps when a motor breaks in.

Also went ahead and got a set of magnetic drain plug. These are made by blox racing. Didn't really care for what brand I used just wanted something familiar. Being that I'm breaking in a new motor I felt the magnetic plug was a must since there will be some metal to metal contact while the rings seat. It will also help keep metal out of my oil system during the life of the motor.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Small update. Since I'm making my own charge harness I had to grab 4 gauge power wire. The store I went to only had red wire which I didn't like but I brought it anyway. But shorty after I decided that the red wasn't going to cut it. I know it's just wire but I want what I want. So after looking at my engine harness that night I had the idea of covering it with braided sleeving which would look great since my entire engine harness is already covered in braided sleeving. So a few days later this came in.

3/8 braided expandable sleeving made by techflex. I originally went on wirecare.com which has tons of types and kinds of wire loom sleeving. So much it's almost confusing. After finding one I liked I just ordered it on eBay. It was around $10 shipped for 10ft.

1/2 inch heat shrink tubing applied to one of the ring terminals. For now I'll just make the portion of the charge harness that will run from the alternator-starter and battery-fuse box. The rest will be made once the swap is in the car to ensure I make the rest of it the correct length.

Also picked up the motor oil I will be using once I drain the Brad Penn break-in oil. Decided to use this since I've seen some of the all motor record holders using it in their engines. My motor is stock but if it's good enough for them to use why not me.

Last edited:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Had time after work before it got to dark to make the portion of the charge harness that runs from the battery to the fuse box. I also mocked up the portion that I made last night to make sure I made it the correct length.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Sorry for asking again, but im trying to understand why? Does the K not clear the EK subframe?
You can use the ek subframe but the eg is a better choice. The ek subframe sits a couple inches more forward in the middle giving less clearance for a header forcing the motor to be mounted closer to the radiator therefore having less clearance between the rad the hood and the ground. Eg subframe and the necessary ekk2 mounts bring the engine back towards the firewall and up a little off the ground while maintaining proper clearance between the header and steering rack as well as better axle angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Some exhaust goodies came in.

Summit racing 3" interlocking V-band clamp assembly

Vibrant Performance 3" x 6" stainless steel flex pipe with braided liner.

Denso 234-9005 wide band oxygen sensor (RSX Type S primary)

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Exhaust piping came in. Kteller 3" stainless steel mandrel.

I will be using a vibrant performance street power stealth muffler like my current one only 3". I actually already have it sitting in my garage.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay guy back at it. So a buddy of mines recently got some parts fabricated which introduced me to a guy name Justin. Who happen to be business partners with the tuner I plan to be bringing my car to (small world) anyway I spoke to him about making me an intake once the swap is complete and all broken in. I decided to bring him my header and v-bands since I needed to get those welded up. Anyway on to the cell phone pictures lol.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well here I am with what hopes to be the last major expense. Hondata K-Pro Version 3 installed into a PRB ecu. This is literally the last item needed to complete this swap. Now I just have to find time to put the swap in and get it all worked out. Thanks to the few who have followed and showed support in the recent months it really does mean a lot and any support helps motivate me everyday.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice, can't wait to see the install. Do you plan on doing like a detailed install post? Or just before and after?