AC control issues: 95 Civic

Mileyy_Virus

I have a 1995 honda civic EX, the heat and A/C do not work at all, along with the lights for the climate controls, as far as i can tell all the other interior lights are working and i have yet to find anything online to explain what could cause both seemingly simultaneously

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you are "Im in desperate need of assistance" as your previous title suggested then you'll appreciate me changing the title to reflect your issue. This will attract helpful attention instead of deter it as most "help me" titles do.

Have you inspected the harnesses to the AC controls or at least checked fuses? Do explain what you've researched as these two suggestions would be the first basic options to consider and have been mentioned elsewhere.

Mileyy_Virus

If you are "Im in desperate need of assistance" as your previous title suggested then you'll appreciate me changing the title to reflect your issue. This will attract helpful attention instead of deter it as most "help me" titles do.

Have you inspected the harnesses to the AC controls or at least checked fuses? Do explain what you've researched as these two suggestions would be the first basic options to consider and have been mentioned elsewhere.
I don't have a circuit tester, I popped the glove box out to check to see if anything was disconnected and everything seems to be in place, the only thing I noticed was the wire that regulates cool/warm slipped off but I'm assuming that doesn't have anything to do with the lighting or it turning on at all. I'm grabbing a tester after work tomorrow.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"Seems" and "assume" are not gonna help you. Make sure each harness is firmly connected, which doesnt require any tester except your hand. Avoid overthinking and start with the basics, which includes inspecting the pertaining fuse that only requires you looking it up then pulling out the fuse and looking at it.

Mileyy_Virus

"Seems" and "assume" are not gonna help you. Make sure each harness is firmly connected, which doesnt require any tester except your hand. Avoid overthinking and start with the basics, which includes inspecting the pertaining fuse that only requires you looking it up then pulling out the fuse and looking at it.
So on my lunch break I checked the interior fuse box, I'm pretty sure someone put the wrong fuses in, if I'm reading the diagram correctly slot number 13 would be what I'm interested in because of the blower and side mirror controls, it says 7.5, but I have a 10 in there right now, could that potentially cause my problems

Attachments