TPS CEL code #7

Jonathan62019

Respected
ok so i put on 4 different tps's and 2 different ECU's and i get CEL #7 i start up the car it runs good for 4 seconds then the CEL pops on and idle goes up to around 1500 rpms.. SO i tested the plug to the TPS. ground tested good. and it is getting 5v to the power wire. with it plugged in reads. .8 volts.( could not get it .5) at idle and 4.48 at WOT.

So then i went to the ECU and tested the TPS wire at the ECU and it is reading the same .8v at idle and 4.48 at WOT so the ECU is getting the correct volts from TPS but it is still throwing a CEL for TPS...

I do reset the ecu each time before testing something new. The pinout i found online shows that number 11 pin on the connecter for TPS is lime green. Or red and black. My 11 pin has a bright pink wire. Not faded from red. Just pink. So idk

So my question is..

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO TEST THIS.?? any other wires from the ECU i should test. ???

My d connector is almost completely different in color codes than the pinout shows.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
wire colors sometimes can be different. I never go by the wire colors i always go by the actual pin location its self. the wire color just makes it easier to find/trace.