D16Y7 to obd1 help

lubuis

Respected
To convert to obd1 I know I need the P06 ECU with obd2a-obd1 jumper harness and the 3 to 2 Wire IACV. Only question is if I can leave the stock intake manifold and have it use the 2 wire IACV. Will it work?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
the 2 wire iacv intake manifold is different from the stock 3 wire iacv intake manifold. the throttle body is positioned differently

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The D16Y7 is from the 6th gen Civic LXs, which have a different intake than the rest of the Civics. I dont know why anyone would want to convert it to OBD1.

lubuis

Respected
I've got a 97 Civic LX D16Y7 with a Z6 tranny. Going to turbo it, that's why im going to convert to obd1. I might as well get a y8 manifold, but I've seen someone turbo on the crappy stock intake manifold.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those are the type of details that should always be included in the opening post.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would recommend getting an y8 manifold. From what I've heard, you gain more power from a y8 mani swap than you do adding on a cold air intake. You don't get much from an intake anyways, but, if you're going to turbo, might as well let it breath better.