Project HX: Efficient Style

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's a recent pic of the headlights polished and the new fog lights since of the last ones was broken from road debris,

a top view of the spoiler and the rear all cleaned up,

and a shot of the clean interior. Oh, how I like that added Domani storage din. You cant fit much more than a medium size cup of anything, but I don't usually carry or order anything that big anyways.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I finally got around to recording my exhaust sound (stock D16Y5 engine, MagnaFlow header/cat, '02 RSX-S muffler).

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ANOTHER TRUNK UPDATE:

I decided to cover the starboard trunk panels with OEM carpeting cut to the shape of the panels.

Here's an updated shot of the trunk. I had to re-trim the panel beneath the sub box because it caused slight contact with the trunk arm. Now it sits perfectly and the trunk arm clears the box by millimeters. Please excuse the lightness of the picture as it was really sunny.

UPDATE: Trunk Panels

I also finally completed all of my black custom trunk panels. I was missing those under the sub.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks great! How are you liking the JL? I love mine even though it's an older W3, it still hits pretty good!

Did you dynamat? I never did and my Civic used to rattle like crazy.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks great! How are you liking the JL? I love mine even though it's an older W3, it still hits pretty good!

Did you dynamat? I never did and my Civic used to rattle like crazy.
Thanks. The JL sub has been great for the several years its been installed. I have it well balanced with the amp and the box that was built to the prime cubic footage the sub recommends. I don't remember which W this one is though. I installed NVX sound deadener on the roof, trunk lid, doors and the rear deck, as far as I recall. There's no note worthy rattle.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
3 days ago my temp gauge jumped to high while approaching the highway exit just 2.5 miles away from home. I saw fumes coming out by the firewall so I feared it might have been the head gasket, I turned off the engine at the off-ramp red light to let the engine cool a bit. Well, my battery decided to die as well so I couldn't turn the car back on.
:smackself
Fortunately, I was able to get my car pulled home within 10 minutes. It turned out to be the coolant bypass hose slightly burst up top by the neck. No one had it in stock locally but O'Reilly's could get a Gates replacement hose by the next day while the local Honda dealership couldn't get one until Friday due to Thanksgiving, so O'Reilly's it was. I bought a new Interstate battery elsewhere and it started on a dime, as usual. That d@mn top stock pressure hose clamp was such a pain to remove due to very little space above it, so I replaced it with the more modern screw type as I've slowly done to every other hose thus far. Refilled and burped the coolant system, and everything's now running tip-top once again.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I recently realized I had two small holes on my exhaust pipe, so I decided to patch them up today as the local muffler shop quoted me more than I thought was fair to weld them shut, which would take less than 10 minutes. I decided to use Tiger Patch heavy duty wrap ($3.99). Being that the two holes were right on the weld paths, I also added some aluminum patches courtesy of a Coke can. For added patch strength, I added 2 hose straps right above each hole.

This is the larger hole of the two, located past the resonator. The other hole was about the same size but technically two smaller holes side by side. The Tiger Patch was just enough to wrap both holes.

So far, the exhaust is quiet once again.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
It's ridiculous how much exhaust shops want to charge sometimes for a few welds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Project, over!

Ladies & gents, I've enjoyed the HX's fuel efficiency and cost effective ownership but I'm now moving on to more utility usage, being that I'm looking to do outdoor activities. I purchased a 2003 Element EX with only 80,300 miles from a close friend who took care of everything significant that it needed, so its a safe buy. Here's the Element, which will be kept mostly stock for now.

Attachments

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Woah. I'm not gonna lie, I'll miss this thread. Hell of a good run. Looking forward to the next project :thumbs up

Last edited by a moderator:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The HX is officially sold! Thanks to everyone who followed my project and appreciated my direction with it.
Gonna miss that rear end. I had the same muffler and rear lip (never installed though)

Reactions: HeX