Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
making all kinds of moves! :thumbs up
Yeah man. Everything kind of just snowballed. It was supposed to be a couple quick things and then get into everything this winter. But some things just made sense with having other things pulled apart. And then some was more like an A.D.D. kind of moment...haha.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, updates!

Car was starting to come together last week!

Fired up and started getting settings put into the Defi...

It was ready to roll for Friday morning!

After work we got it strapped down on the rollers!

One of the pulls after getting the base set in. The car was on an old S200 P28 that we just wrote Crome on. It was becoming more and more unreliable. As seen back a few pages, I bought S300 v3. So it was a blank ECU that we had to get some base set in and get it ready for the hard pulls to ensure everything was good to go for my use.

And I needed to adjust the Fastline as my initial setting was going knuckle into the fan controls. I guess I should have cycled it before going off to drive...haha...

Original set...

Adjusted...

And baby girl approved.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And a new intake just because I got a deal on it. It'll go in after the winter maintenance.

And not all ITR Expo prep is EM1 related, tow mirrors for the Tundra...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, after spending nearly the last two and a half weeks traveling, I'm home and ready to update!

Attack the Dragon IX was Oct 8th. Why weren't you there? :p
Rather than load all the images, I've selected a variety for you to see. Credit to photographers as marked or stated...

Photos by one of our event sponsors, Killboy.com. He provides individual shots for us as well at drone coverage for our group photo.

Rob photobombing...lol...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
These are from a little shoot after the event by one of our event sponsors, Killboy.com.

Two of the three of our event staff. The third had a clutch failure, again, suck it CM, and didn't make it for a full pass...

Chester's (DeathLens) photos...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And ITR Expo 16. What a great event and great group of people. VIR was amazing. Car was top notch. Its a whole new car with this new tune and S300. Very much looking forward to next season.

And a very awesome friend lent me his enclosed trailer to tow to the track, just in case...and even his truck since mine went into the shop and wasn't ready in time.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Beautiful morning of day 2!

Legit DC5 R

I learned that Hawk HP+ weren't the right pad for me. My instructor tossed me a set of used, but plenty of life, Hawk DTC-60 race pads. Much better. Already purchased a set for when the time comes.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went 2 wheels off on the left, rear hooked and I slid across the track and went 4 wheels off and was a couple of feet from going nose first into the tire wall. I'd say I made out well on minimal damage. And of course it was on my staff check for my solo sign off...haha. But I still got signed off. Knowing what happened and how to deal with it proves you have learned what you've been taught. And going off shows you ain't sissy driving and that you're trying to improve. I'll bang that out this winter. Pushed up in the door a little, but I stepped on it and it clears the door fine now. Splitter brackets need a little pounding too.

Two days at VIR were less harsh on my tires than one at NCCAR...

Event special on driving shoes? Yeah, lemme get dem...haha

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And again to the awesome surface at VIR, everywhere makes my splitter rough and nasty where it makes contact with the ground. VIR, its all smooth like its been sanded with 3,000 grit. Guess I need splitter brackets to hold it up some...haha.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All part of the track life! It was so minimal, I cannot complain at all. I was so close to the tire wall, it could have been much worse...lol. But that's why I towed, just in case.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice shots, what spring rates are you running?
Just the off the shelf OG rates from the Tein Type HA, 10k/8k. You'll see a slight bit more compression look to things when the car is on the curbing on one side and not the other. But the aero def pulls hard on them...haha.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Just the off the shelf OG rates from the Tein Type HA, 10k/8k. You'll see a slight bit more compression look to things when the car is on the curbing on one side and not the other. But the aero def pulls hard on them...haha.
Not going to lie but 10k/8k is sort of what I'm at 550 lb/450 lb and it felt great to me at my first track event. How was it before and after the aero mods?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not going to lie but 10k/8k is sort of what I'm at 550 lb/450 lb and it felt great to me at my first track event. How was it before and after the aero mods?
My first outing with them was an autocross. I had the dampening set way too stiff, especially for the cold weather and lack of grip...yeah, I spun out...haha. But I cannot review them before the aero as they were not on the car then. All of that was part of my 2015 overhaul. I changed from Tein Super Street, 8k/6k, so not a huge jump, but still an improvement. And the Type HA are more set for tracking, where the SS were a crossover coilover. I was just out driving their abilities and it was time to make the move. And its very likely I'll be moving again as I get faster. Aero just will be a lot for these rates I think. I'll just sell them to the next person and get something higher up the chain...haha.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
My first outing with them was an autocross. I had the dampening set way too stiff, especially for the cold weather and lack of grip...yeah, I spun out...haha. But I cannot review them before the aero as they were not on the car then. All of that was part of my 2015 overhaul. I changed from Tein Super Street, 8k/6k, so not a huge jump, but still an improvement. And the Type HA are more set for tracking, where the SS were a crossover coilover. I was just out driving their abilities and it was time to make the move. And its very likely I'll be moving again as I get faster. Aero just will be a lot for these rates I think. I'll just sell them to the next person and get something higher up the chain...haha.
That's funny I started autox with Tein basics 8k/6k, moved to Buddy Club N+ with 10k/8k now. Just picked up the Koni/GC but haven't installed them. I'm torn between going up to 12k/10k right now too.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's funny I started autox with Tein basics 8k/6k, moved to Buddy Club N+ with 10k/8k now. Just picked up the Koni/GC but haven't installed them. I'm torn between going up to 12k/10k right now too.
I'm not set on making any moves yet. I'll probably stay with what I have through next season, provided I don't have any real issue that requires a need to move. And even then, you can make a 2k spring change with Tein before a recommended revalve. And if I do move, I'll stay Tein, unless Fortune Auto puts out an EDFC like system. Then I'd call them up and probably move over.