This is "MY BUILD" INSPIRATION

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice, can't wait to see the install. Do you plan on doing like a detailed install post? Or just before and after?
I'm going to try and do a detailed post. I'm going to be doing the swap at a friends shop. I actually helped him move into it today. We still have to get the lift all setup, and organize everything. I'm shooting for two weeks from now to get things going which should be enough time for him to get the new shop all squared away so everything goes smoothly.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
This build has been pretty awesome to follow! I'm hyped for you man. It makes me want to get my ass moving on my own haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This build has been pretty awesome to follow! I'm hyped for you man. It makes me want to get my ass moving on my own haha

Thanks bro I appreciate the kind words. I'm so pumped you wouldn't believe it man. It's been a 2 year journey saving and buying when I could afford to but it's all coming together. I just hope my build inspires others to build their's and no matter what happen to never give up and keep at it even if you have to take a break. Hopefully the whole swap process goes well and everything works out the way I hope.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Trust me man I know how you feel. I'm going on 2 years since I've started collecting parts for my k and I'm still not even close to being finished. I've had setbacks and have been to the point where I felt like parting out but I refuse to give up and builds like this keep me motivated

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Trust me man I know how you feel. I'm going on 2 years since I've started collecting parts for my k and I'm still not even close to being finished. I've had setbacks and have been to the point where I felt like parting out but I refuse to give up and builds like this keep me motivated

I've been there. I tried to go K about 4 year ago and gave up and was upset because had I not given up I'd have a nice car by now. But just keep on keeping on man you'll get there one part at a time.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know this feeling all too well! Took me the same amount of time to piece it all together too! I'm hyped for you!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know this feeling all too well! Took me the same amount of time to piece it all together too! I'm hyped for you!
Thank big homie. I'm planning on doing the swap this weekend man I'm hyped and nervous at the same time.

Some last min stuff lol. Picked up a brand new water pipe for the heating system. The one I have has a weird offset to it so I'm sure what motor it's from originally but it definitely isn't going to work.

Here's the new one. Unfortunately after looking at it I noticed it's from a CRV. Although it's off a K24 it won't work due to the upper water housing being similar to a k20a2 on the CRV. So I still have to find another one. But I'll keep this one so if I ever swap to a type s head I'll have it.

Also picked up a Speed Factory Racing Drag Spec shift spring kit. A friend of mines had them laying around so I said why not.

Last edited:

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Thank big homie. I'm planning on doing the swap this weekend man I'm hyped and nervous at the same time.

Some last min stuff lol. Picked up a brand new water pipe for the heating system. The one I have has a weird offset to it so I'm sure what motor it's from originally but it definitely isn't going to work.

Here's the new one. Unfortunately after looking at it I noticed it's from a CRV. Although it's off a K24 it won't work due to the upper water housing being similar to a k20a2 on the CRV. So I still have to find another one. But I'll keep this one so if I ever swap to a type s head I'll have it.

Also picked up a Speed Factory Racing Drag Spec shift spring kit. A friend of mines had them laying around so I said why not.

What hoses are you using for heat?

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Picked up a cable bracket since I didn't have one and also got the heater pipe welded shut.

Pin I made to weld it shut

Snug fit

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Found a heater core water pipe off an accord. Made another pin and got it welded shut. Also picked up some 3.5" vibrant silicon couplers and t-bolt clamps. Also ordered some temporary intake piping and a filter until I get a custom cold air intake made. I plan to do that after the motor in broken in and ready for tuning. Also on the way is a k-tuned upper coolant housing, Honda DX throttle cable since my GSR is to short, ICB Motorsports 6-speed shift knob and 6 quarts of Brad Penn 10w-30 racing oil for my 500 or so mile break in that I'm choosing to do. I had plans to do the swap this pass weekend but my friends lift was still being used so we are going to try for next weekend hopefully it's available.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Received my ICB 6 speed shift knob today as well as the Brad Penn oil. Shout out to Tristate Motorsport great service and fast shipping.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make sure you use hondabond behind that upper water neck! Good luck with the swap man!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I started the swap this weekend. I started by slapping some parts on the motor and transmission Friday night then pulled the single cam out Saturday. Manage to get the eg subframe in but found out that the steering knuckle I purchased used was the same exact one my car comes with so I have to find the correct one smh. I also ran into a problem taking the driver side torque mount. The tac welded nut inside the frame broke and I need it to bolt the driver side engine bracket. Two will have to do till I get the mount welded to the frame smh. I did get the ktuned shifter mounted in place. But so far so good otherwise.

Last edited:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I'm trying my best to take pictures but honestly it's kind of hard when everyone is just wrenching and trying to get things done but I'm doing my best to get what I can.

I had to remove the brackets that were for the ac condenser fan since this is where I was putting the radiator.

Next I drilled two 1/2 inch holes to fit the plugs provided in the k-tuned bolt in radiator bracket kit. I used a stepped drill bit to do this. I made sure the holes were 13" apart which is the distance between the center of the post on civic radiators. Then I installed the brackets. I test fitted the radiator after to insure proper fitment and placement.

Next we positioned the swap under the car. I already had the engine harness and charge harness wired up. I figured it would be easier than trying to plug everything up once it was in the bay.

Rear bracket bolted to the rear mount and also the top bolt in place.

Found out that one of the holes that the rear mount bolts to on the transmission was stripped. It must of been like this when I purchased the transmission. I ran a tap through both holes but the top one was just bad so I only have a bolts in the lower hole until I can get a threaded insert to fix this.

Here is the motor sitting in the engine bay.

Bolted the header

Harness ran inside the car

Insane shaft axles ready to be installed

EG shock fork installed

Last edited:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Next I installed the slim fan onto the skunk2 alpha series radiator

Next I had to wire the coolant temp sensor for the dash gauge cluster. I simply used the connector from my stock d-series engine harness and extended it and then covered it in black expandable braided sleeving. I ran this wire along side the engine harness and into the cabin where it will be connected to the conversion harness.

So I ran into another small issue. My hybrid racing swap hoses are for k20a2 and I have a k24a2. The upper radiator hose is pretty much the same but has a slit turn where it connects to the coolant neck. Since I have the ktuned upper coolant housing I can still use the hose since the neck can pivot. But the lower hose does not fit. This is because the thermostat on the k24a2 is different than the k20a2. The next faces up where as the k20 faces down. Luckily I have friends with k-swap cars. A very good friend of mines had a brand new never used k20a2 thermostat and was willing to sell it to me since he had no need for it. So hopefully now I can get the lower hose to fit.

Here is a shot I took of the underside of the car. I've always liked pictures of k series engine swaps from this angle so I took my own.

That's all for now.

Last edited:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have one of those stripped on the back of my trans too. So does my homie. It seems like a common problem.

Things are looking good dude! Glad you stuck through with this project!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man, I'm hoping to get it fixed at some point just for ease of mind.