White smoke, options: 91 Civic Hatch

Aldo

Just bought my first car, it being a 91 civic hatch I wanna swap it as it leaves a trail of white smoke behind so I thought if ima change the gasket might as well swap if I can, Any help on what I should do first and how I should go about this? Again first car any help is good help.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Budget, time and power goals?
That will dictate where this goes.

Aldo

Budget is mainly gonna be going toward a what I should do first, time if say I have all the time in the world Other than work days kinda wanted to make this a small hobby, as for power I Don't Need it all right away but I would like to end at 300 hp at least

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Budget is mainly gonna be going toward a what I should do first, time if say I have all the time in the world Other than work days kinda wanted to make this a small hobby, as for power I Don't Need it all right away but I would like to end at 300 hp at least
I think you missed the point of Mr.Bakers questions. State your approximate budget. It better be big because that's the only way you could reach 300hp with a '91 Civic. Doing so on a D-series engine would entail a finely tuned turbo build with quality equipment and several internal upgrades. Otherwise, you would have to upgrade to a much beefier engine, such as a K20/24 or H22, which would still require some added upgrades. Either direction will cost you several thousand dollars and a lot of build time, meaning your Civic will not be driveable for a while.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Budget is mainly gonna be going toward a what I should do first, I would like to end at 300 hp at least
You're working backwards, so good luck with that.
A reliable 300hp build, which more than likely will include boost, is not cheap, which is why you need to be realistic with what you can afford to do. Hence why I said budget will dictate where you go with this.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You're working backwards, so good luck with that.
A reliable 300hp build, which more than likely will include boost, is not cheap, which is why you need to be realistic with what you can afford to do. Hence why I said budget will dictate where you go with this.
This. I 100% agree.