Logan's new whip

kangoo

5+ Year Member
car looks good. I really like the new wheels.
too bad the motor blew :/ Good luck with the K-swap

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New d17a from Hmo with 40k to replace the old one. I am really excited to drive the car again runs strong I just have a few things to button up. anyways here are the pictures I collected during the process.

I made a gnarly clear combo to clean up the bolts

pulled the old swap out

I wish I would have painted the new motor like I did with this one.

simple green everything

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uLSsGf]

Put that s**t back together

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uPpm1k]

also always keep your clutch tool in a safe place!***

some of the new parts :thumbup:

[/url][/url]

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Picked up some old NT-03 Enkie wheels 17s still look small. Plan is to get some meaty tires on them for race car look. :thud:

washed

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
17s look nice on there, fan on that wheel. Are the tires 205/40/17?

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
17s look nice on there, fan on that wheel. Are the tires 205/40/17?
Thank you for the kind words, you are correct about the size.

Seems like this motor is loosing coolant too so I need to figure out what is going on here and also need to fix my leaking vtec sensor. other than that the new motor feels good a strong.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
17's do look nice on it.
The 7th gen is still a sharp looking car and for me, the last generation of the REAL Civics', being that they stayed true to what they were up until this point.
8th generation and up seems more like an Accord, but I digress.

What motor was in there before and what was wrong with it?

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
17's do look nice on it.
The 7th gen is still a sharp looking car and for me, the last generation of the REAL Civics', being that they stayed true to what they were up until this point.
8th generation and up seems more like an Accord, but I digress.

What motor was in there before and what was wrong with it?
Thank you! I had another 1.7 in it before but it lost coolant really fast and had a couple other problems. I should have just bought the crate motor in the first place. I have had 5-7th gen civics now and my em2 is my favorite on every level. its well planted and and stable and comfort wise the best.

pantyraid

=^.^=
I don't know s**t about much else but as for aesthetics I think those wheels and tires look nice too =)

The old motor did look cool painted but the new one also looks good

Really everything looks good, both exterior and engine bay - even the stuff that I don't think I even know what it is haha (also the estrogen in me is telling me to inform you that the picture from behind the rose bush.. That is a rose bush right? - is very artistically pleasing)

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know s**t about much else but as for aesthetics I think those wheels and tires look nice too =)

The old motor did look cool painted but the new one also looks good

Really everything looks good, both exterior and engine bay - even the stuff that I don't think I even know what it is haha (also the estrogen in me is telling me to inform you that the picture from behind the rose bush.. That is a rose bush right? - is very artistically pleasing)
Thank you for the kind words pantyraid! Yes those are my rose bushes taken from my bedroom looking outside.

I fixed my oil leak so she is sealed up now. the motor has a few little noises to figure out but I would give it a 90% finished.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thank you for the kind words pantyraid! Yes those are my rose bushes taken from my bedroom looking outside.

I fixed my oil leak so she is sealed up now. the motor has a few little noises to figure out but I would give it a 90% finished.
Update: I think i fried my front passenger wheel bearing >.< Ill post a video soon of what it is doing but in the mean time the car is off the ground until I fix it.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys I am have a problem with my car.
I had the alternator belt come loose while driving and it cause the car to stall out. The car kept stalling even though the battery has enough power to run the car.
After adjusting the battery I have a bunch of symptoms of a bigger problem.
1.) ECU (I could only scan once before it stopped connecting to scan tool , has CEL for knock sensor, is clicking when rpm spikes.)
2.) IDLE (revs from 800- 1200 every few seconds, cel flashes and clicks at top of the rev.)
3.) Alternator (came loose while driving but is corrected problem happens if it is fully plugged in or not)
3.) Battery (12.5V resting, 6v-13v while running spikes with the idle even with out the alternator plugged in)
4.) Motor (weak very little power, smells like gas. but starts and runs everytime I start it. this took a couple trys to get it start the first time.)
5.) All fuses are okay
I know its something electrical but I dont really know where to start

SeBreeze9000

Sad to see that you're having issues with this ride. It's truly a beaut I love love love the OEM look of this it's dope any updates?

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sad to see that you're having issues with this ride. It's truly a beaut I love love love the OEM look of this it's dope any updates?
IMG_0605.JPG
Yeah she has been running for a while now. Lots of new parts but everything is currently working