08 Civic no start, occasional crank

Lou Karpatze

Last weekend I went to start my car and it wouldn't start. Jumped it and it started after a few minutes. Drove to restaurant and ate, car started Afterwards. Drove home and a few hours later it wouldn't start tried to jump it and nothing. Fully charged the battery with a charger. It will occasionally make a very short crank. All accessories work. No clicking sound. Is it my starter? A bad battery connection?

CivicEx'00

Last weekend I went to start my car and it wouldn't start. Jumped it and it started after a few minutes. Drove to restaurant and ate, car started Afterwards. Drove home and a few hours later it wouldn't start tried to jump it and nothing. Fully charged the battery with a charger. It will occasionally make a very short crank. All accessories work. No clicking sound. Is it my starter? A bad battery connection?
I had a similar problem, and it was a faulty distributor with moisture getting inside the cap. Jump starting it did nothing because the electrical was fine. It would crank and crank and every once in a while it would almost start. I was able to start it eventually by hitting the gas when the RPMS fluttered. Drove it straight to a repair shop and they billed me $600

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

daperez13

Respected
Does the car start with no issues every morning?

Does the car only start after it's been sitting for a long time?