99 jdm gsr into 99 civic obd2b swap

Milopowered

Hey everyone the few that still live in here I've been gathering info on a swap I plan on doing next month

I have a usdm 99 civic ex obd2b

I plan on swapping in a 99 jdm gsr obd2

My question is will my harness be compatible with the gsr harness.

Will I need to run a p28 ecu with base map and crank delete?

Do I need to extend wires ?

Just looking for clairty or someone who's done this exact swap .

Thanks in adavance

Attachments

MotorMo

Respected
I just swapped a 97 B18C1 into a 97 Civic hatch. The 99 to 97 is a bit different but not by much.
There is different ways to do things depending on what your starting with. What is included in the "engine package" you are getting? Does it include the GSR wiring harness, mounts, ECU ?...... There is alot of already tried and true info out there- I recommend you buy a 6 pack, and click on many google searches as you down your beers.
-I over laid both the factory 97 Civic harness on top of the GSR harness, and cut and spliced as needed to create a factory like harness. Running on a factory 97 GSR ECU- Crank sensor, and the GSR IAB's on the intake manifold.

YoungYoyi18

Respected
I did somewhat the same swap I had a 2000 gsr swap n I put it in my 97 civic ex 5 speed coupe so the harness was plug n play but I did need to extend wires n I did get a p28 with a step down harness n it was also chipped. Not to familiar with a 99 civic harness but I don't c much difference honestly mayb some plugs have to b changed.

Milopowered

I just swapped a 97 B18C1 into a 97 Civic hatch. The 99 to 97 is a bit different but not by much.
There is different ways to do things depending on what your starting with. What is included in the "engine package" you are getting? Does it include the GSR wiring harness, mounts, ECU ?...... There is alot of already tried and true info out there- I recommend you buy a 6 pack, and click on many google searches as you down your beers.
-I over laid both the factory 97 Civic harness on top of the GSR harness, and cut and spliced as needed to create a factory like harness. Running on a factory 97 GSR ECU- Crank sensor, and the GSR IAB's on the intake manifold.
Word I just might do that. It's my daily so I'm just trying to make sure my car isn't down . got a 2 day time period . I'm sure I can get it done by then thanks for the info