Running Diary: RL002

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hello everyone,

This is the running diary of my EH2 Civic Hatch, my newly acquired track car for the foreseeable future. I will be keeping this thread up to date to the best of my ability - logging in pretty much everything I do with the car. It's been about a year since I've last been to the track with DJ, my DC4 (Retired) so I'm quite anxious to get back out there. Without further ado, here is Scarlett.

Paint is not in the best shape, but overall not too shabby. I plan on respraying the exterior soon so that's an easy fix. The car is basically bone stock as far as the engine and suspension department goes. With DJ retired, she'll be donating pretty much everything over to Scarlett (B20 and suspension). It's a good thing the DC/EG chassis share a lot of components.

As you can see, the engine has been properly maintained by the previous owner (who happens to be a friend of mine). The D15Z1 still runs strong despite it having almost 200,000 miles logged in. Whatever the case, it will be swapped out immediately and replaced with my B20 with the addition of a GS-R head. It's been a while since I've tracked with VTEC, so it'll be nice to see what it's like have some power and rev past 7,000 RPM.

The interior is pretty clean overall. The dash is mint and yes - no cracks! Seeing such a clean interior makes me sad that it's gonna all have to go, but it must be done.

So that's pretty much it for now. The car is currently up in NorCal at my buddy's place. I'll be picking her up next weekend. Can't wait to pick her up and start getting her ready for battle!

Since I'll be swapping out the D15Z1 for B20/VTEC power, I figured it'd be the perfect time to upgrade the motor mounts. With that in mind, it was only obvious to turn to the best in the business - Hasport. Thanks for the mounts Brian! :thumbup:

I also recently picked up a K20Mart Delrin shift knob from Katman. I currently have one for Lana - my daily driven FG3 Civic LX Coupe. It's become my new favorite shift knob, so I had no choice but to get another one for Scarlett.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thats one clean engine bay.

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Happy New Year everyone! I drove up to NorCal with two of my best friends over the weekend to ring in the new year and also picked up Scarlett from my buddy. Time to begin the build!

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a set of JDM Stanley clear corner lenses for Scarlett. I'm not trying to spend a whole lot of money on JDM parts, but these were a MUST HAVE. Shout out to my bois Elton and Edgar for helping source these!