BRAKE HELP

Zaythegent

Hey all, last week I noticed my bottom brake light was out. I checked the bulb and it was popped; I replaced it and it worked for a week but I realized it's out again?! I think I have a wiring problem and I'm not really sure as to where I should go or what to check? Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zaythegent

UPDATE: I checked my brand new bulb and it's popped :( im trying to figure out how I could reach the wiring for the brakes but idk if it's upfront of in the back?

Ep3po

Respected
Is your lens cracked anywhere? It only takes a little moisture to blow the bulb. And make sure you don't touch the new bulb with your bare fingers use a napkin or paper towel. I've heard touching any high temperatures bulbs. Like halogens can seriously shorten the life of the bulb

Ep3po

Respected
FYI -- It's a brake light bulb not a headlight bulb.
Don't those still burn hot? I thought the same rule applies. Maybe I'm wrong? You always seem to know what your talking about man so I won't question it. But I've always made sure not to touch any auto bulb.

Zaythegent

Is your lens cracked anywhere? It only takes a little moisture to blow the bulb. And make sure you don't touch the new bulb with your bare fingers use a napkin or paper towel. I've heard touching any high temperatures bulbs. Like halogens can seriously shorten the life of the bulb
I did touch the bulb:/ but could it really shorten it all the way to a week?? Also that's a very good point with checking to see if there's any cracks, I'll do that later today! Thx

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I did touch the bulb:/ but could it really shorten it all the way to a week?? Also that's a very good point with checking to see if there's any cracks, I'll do that later today! Thx

It is possible if you touched the bulb, especially if you had oily hands. I wouldn't say it's common, though.

Zaythegent

Is there any way that I can clean a bulb?? With maybe a dry rag or towel before putting another bulb in (which has already been out of the box and touched)?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is there any way that I can clean a bulb?? With maybe a dry rag or towel before putting another bulb in (which has already been out of the box and touched)?

Yes, with a touch of isopropyl alcohol on it, that should do the trick.

Zaythegent

UPDATE: I had some corrosion in the bulb socket! So I scraped is all and wiped it out. Made sure to put corrosion protectant on the metal part of the bulb and then I Cleaned the bulb with isopropyl alcohol so fingers crossed that it lasts