What Maybe Saved My Life...

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys!

Some of you may remember me, I'm sure most of you do not. It's ok! I figured I'd come back to hang out for a bit.

To make a long story insanely short, I fell into a bout of serious depression and after doing some soul searching and talking to a therapist, I decided to get BACK into photography. It used to be my jam back in the day and I spent way more money than I could afford on gear. I ended up selling everything off in 2006 and tried forgetting it ever existed.

Fast forward to April and I picked up an EOS 3 and a couple lenses to start playing around again. It kind of woke me up inside and I was having a blast. My now fiance saw the change and for my birthday in August, got me an EOS 5d III. I've since grabbed a couple more lenses and made myself available for events that pop up here and there and find myself just walking around town looking at things through a camera lens.

I want to say that the title is a an exaggeration, but depression is pretty much the worst feeling I've ever experienced and getting back into this has not only made me incredibly happy (even if I'm not super awesome at it), it's shown me the value of taking care of myself and putting my needs and happiness first.

Part of the deal my fiance put in place when she gave me my camera was setting up an Instagram. So it's actually been VERY cool putting up shots of drivers and having them react and enjoy it.

ANYWAY! Some pics! (Feel free to criticize)

I got to start by just sitting out back and watching birds.

The most fun I've been having is going to the local drift events and also getting out to Formula Drift when it's in town (It sucks shooting from behind the fences...)

But I DID get some track time!

Pretending I have a Tilt Shfit

Practicing on our animals..

Budweiser Clydesdale horses

Fiance and I, in the past year, started another hobby of running reef tanks!

Since I ended up getting rid of my Honda for a pickup, I'll likely be selling all my extra parts to get some more gear. :D

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Also, there's a limit on images.

Walking around town when I get home or on lunch breaks..

Other random images

My fiance in her new favorite ride

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good man! I'm not big on photography so I can't really critique anything, so on my end they all look great! The horse picture made me LOL, and your wife listens to good music. Those drift pictures are awesome too!

:welcome: back!

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude, fish are SO HARD to photograph haha. Those came out great :thumbs up

Thanks for sharing the pictures, and it's good to hear things are going better.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys!
That horse was being a smart ass, he was fun to take pictures of.
And very yes, her and I have the good stuff playing loud all the time!
Drifting I'm having a lot of fun shooting. Panning is the biggest pain in the ass, and you really just have to pick one subject and kinda stick with it. At least with the local events you see these guys run 10-20 times during the day.
Fish ARE difficult. It's awesome when they just kinda sit frozen for a second. Then you need the glass and water to cooperate. Plus, I'm only using a 40mm lens for this so it's just awkward.

Going to be shooting a paintball match in May. Looking forward to it very much. I also keep telling myself I'm going to get nailed, I already know it. Working on precautions now. Plus you know there's those people that will shoot the photographer just for fun.

Also, Sweet Tooth

MotorMo

Respected
Rock on Wrekless Hype. Glad your in a better place. I too can appreciate life and its interpersonal challenges. With out life's sufferings, like depression, we can never truly understand our own internals, and how they work. Through that better understanding, I've found, we can get stronger and weather future events better and better. I am thankful for my humanistic character flaws and short comings, and the chance in life to grow the "self".
Do what you love, love what you do. Life is too short.
Your photos look epic, liked the proportioning.
Fun to have a nugget in life in life like photography that kinda grabs you by the balls-I found mine was building Honda's to go fast. Keep taking the photos! You got a good eye for it!

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man, I appreciate that.
There's a lot to be learned about ones self in those situations, for sure. And I would never think less of anyone who doesn't understand, I wish they had a way of knowing without actually being there, just to know what some people can experience. I truly never understood it and couldn't wrap my mind around it growing up. It's a different perspective..
I enjoy messing with cars. I constantly keep an eye out for an S13 or a nice FC chassis. Not in a rush, a nice one will take a while to pop up. Sadly, I want it so I can learn to drift myself, so it won't be a preservation mission. It's super fun to photograph, but I'd like to participate one day. All about patience and dollars.

d.m.lippold

Hey guys!

Some of you may remember me, I'm sure most of you do not. It's ok! I figured I'd come back to hang out for a bit.

To make a long story insanely short, I fell into a bout of serious depression and after doing some soul searching and talking to a therapist, I decided to get BACK into photography. It used to be my jam back in the day and I spent way more money than I could afford on gear. I ended up selling everything off in 2006 and tried forgetting it ever existed.

Fast forward to April and I picked up an EOS 3 and a couple lenses to start playing around again. It kind of woke me up inside and I was having a blast. My now fiance saw the change and for my birthday in August, got me an EOS 5d III. I've since grabbed a couple more lenses and made myself available for events that pop up here and there and find myself just walking around town looking at things through a camera lens.

I want to say that the title is a an exaggeration, but depression is pretty much the worst feeling I've ever experienced and getting back into this has not only made me incredibly happy (even if I'm not super awesome at it), it's shown me the value of taking care of myself and putting my needs and happiness first.

Part of the deal my fiance put in place when she gave me my camera was setting up an Instagram. So it's actually been VERY cool putting up shots of drivers and having them react and enjoy it.

ANYWAY! Some pics! (Feel free to criticize)

I got to start by just sitting out back and watching birds.

The most fun I've been having is going to the local drift events and also getting out to Formula Drift when it's in town (It sucks shooting from behind the fences...)

But I DID get some track time!

Pretending I have a Tilt Shfit

Practicing on our animals..

Budweiser Clydesdale horses

Fiance and I, in the past year, started another hobby of running reef tanks!

Since I ended up getting rid of my Honda for a pickup, I'll likely be selling all my extra parts to get some more gear. :D
Id b willing to buy some alluminum civic rims

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk