What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just found out that I accidentally deleted all of my SSH keys off my work computer :x And a bug in the backup system meant that they didn't get backed up, so they're really gone. This is going to be a fun week.

Also, I got that transmission from craigslist.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just found out that I accidentally deleted all of my SSH keys off my work computer :x And a bug in the backup system meant that they didn't get backed up, so they're really gone. This is going to be a fun week.

Also, I got that transmission from craigslist.
Nerd! :lol:

That sucks though! We had an annoying bug with our software for a while.. automatic backups would fail if it detected a file with a wrong modified date. Rather than skipping that file, it just cancelled out the entire process. It wasn't all that common that modified dates screwed up, but did give us some problems occasionally. Even worse was when we rolled out the update to the backup clients automatically.. it was only successful for ~80% of users. For that 20%, the update was (un)-kind enough to first uninstall itself, then fail upon upgrading, but leave the installation files in place. So when viewing installed software, the backup stuff was not in the list. But upon trying to reinstall it, we'd get "this is already installed" message, and it would just quit. Dumb!

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nerd! :lol:

That sucks though! We had an annoying bug with our software for a while.. automatic backups would fail if it detected a file with a wrong modified date. Rather than skipping that file, it just cancelled out the entire process. It wasn't all that common that modified dates screwed up, but did give us some problems occasionally. Even worse was when we rolled out the update to the backup clients automatically.. it was only successful for ~80% of users. For that 20%, the update was (un)-kind enough to first uninstall itself, then fail upon upgrading, but leave the installation files in place. So when viewing installed software, the backup stuff was not in the list. But upon trying to reinstall it, we'd get "this is already installed" message, and it would just quit. Dumb!
Dang, that sounds like a right fustercluck..

Looks like we'll be able to recover access to most of the servers by tomorrow, it's been a mess though :wak:

On top of it all, I attended my coworker's thesis defense this morning, and one of the professors on his council (who's been in on this for months) rejected the thesis at the last minute.. We're all just in shock over here. The little roundtable they hold lasted for an hour after the presentation, and he was told to rewrite the paper.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any projects in mind?

I might be picking up a transmission on craigslist for my civic. It's a 97 DX, and my car is a 98 EX so it looks like the gearing ratio is a bit different, but I don't see a reason to care :what: I'm just looking for something to keep the car on the road while I sort out rebuilding the original transmission. Sound about right?
Right now I'm going through the Treehouse tutorials. I was using CodeCademy, but for the extra $5/month that Treehouse is, its DEFINITELY worth it. Right now I'm working on creating an app that just scrolls through random facts. I'm nowhere near an expert with this stuff...but just ask @XpL0d3r... I have an unhealthy passion for programming...lol.

And yea...and 92-00 5spd transmission should work. I see that you already picked it up, but...literally the only difference is gearing. TBH you likely won't even notice a difference...

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
3hrs later, just pulled the car in after washing it
Found another dent from that truck that rear-ended me a week or two again

Hoping my tires get here tomorrow as quoted from Saturday

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Getting my lumberjack on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Right now I'm going through the Treehouse tutorials. I was using CodeCademy, but for the extra $5/month that Treehouse is, its DEFINITELY worth it. Right now I'm working on creating an app that just scrolls through random facts. I'm nowhere near an expert with this stuff...but just ask @XpL0d3r... I have an unhealthy passion for programming...lol.

And yea...and 92-00 5spd transmission should work. I see that you already picked it up, but...literally the only difference is gearing. TBH you likely won't even notice a difference...
Cool, good luck with the programming :thumbs up

Getting my lumberjack on
That tree never knew what hit it :P

Ep3po

Respected
I used to have that same saw. We would joke about how it got its name. You Poulan and poulan and poulan and it never starts lmao!!!!

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Gonna have to be more careful
Just had a pretty vivid dream about the car getting stolen. That I would not have had had I gotten up earlier

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got home from AZ on Sunday just in time for the super bowl. Have been in pretty bad pain since I returned home.

Not sure if it was from sitting the car for so long or what but didn't do s**t yesterday. Today is off to a slow start but imma finish the floor in the room. Finally got the rest of the wood yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Was coming back from lunch and a bunch of cops flew by. Turns out there was a robbery suspect on a police chase. They called for air support (sounds more badass than saying a helicopter), but it's pouring rain here, so they cancelled it...

... The suspect got away. :mad:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Was coming back from lunch and a bunch of cops flew by. Turns out there was a robbery suspect on a police chase. They called for air support (sounds more badass than saying a helicopter), but it's pouring rain here, so they cancelled it...

... The suspect got away. :mad:
f**k tha police

Zaythegent

Just out of track practice; waiting to get some of dis freeeeee pizza and go home and get my bumper back on le car how's everyone doing today?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
New front tires installed
Rear tires swapped L to R
Found out the rear wheels aren't 100% round
Went for an alignment but couldn't fit on the ramps