B20 tranny axel

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Got a 97 civic with a b20 the passenger axel blew. Does anyone know witch axel I can replace it with?
So you have a 97 Civic with a B20 in it and you don't know what axles to use? Did you do the swap yourself?
I'd assume you use B series axles, specifically for that engine. Can anyone else confirm this

710times

Got a 97 civic with a b20 the passenger axel blew. Does anyone know witch axel I can replace it with?
i believe the dohc del sol work i think thats like 98.or 99-00 SI or 94-01 integera axles. ive been looking up things i need for a swap

vanuli0227

99-00 SI will work so will 94-01 Integra axles. As long as it's a an series axles. I have a B18A1 on my 95 civic and used GSR axles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99-00 SI will work so will 94-01 Integra axles. As long as it's a an series axles. I have a B18A1 on my 95 civic and used GSR axles.

Yup, any be series axle. I would shop around for different ones and get whatever is cheapest.

vanuli0227

Idk about cheapest. What are you using your car for? There's a couple sites that sell quality aftermarket axles for swaps

MotorMo

Respected
I'm assuming you'r running a manual transmission- just a side note, automatic 'B' series axles are different than the axles from a 5 speed 'B' series trans.

MotorMo

Respected
Then you're set. Dime a dozen. You can even go to a junk yard and get 'OEM' axles for cheap....
How do you like the torque of the 2.0? Are you running an LS or GSR trans?

mauricio rodriguez

I was thinking the junkyard but I'll play it safe and get a new one.
Good torque! It's a gsr tranny, I was thinking of getting a lsd but I'm good with the gsr right now

710times

where i live i just seen someone selling a 1995 4 door with a b20 for $1,000 sounds tempting. but very cheap

710times

oh ya. im thinking its pretty bare under the hood also. meaning no ac. where i live(SoCal) the everyday temp is over 100 in the summer. i bet he probably drives the crap out of it. its a young kid just starting out a family saying he needs a family car. i have a 7 and 3 yr old and they love my coupe

Ya i know i bounced all over the place there

If it were a good swap I would just get the car for it. B20 with a GSR tranny

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

mauricio rodriguez

Ya I bet bro, hell yah a/c is must where you live. I live in LA so it's not to bad.
Yah my two year old like my coupe to even tho he always want to go straight into the driver seat haha

710times

Ya I bet bro, hell yah a/c is must where you live. I live in LA so it's not to bad.
Yah my two year old like my coupe to even tho he always want to go straight into the driver seat haha
Ya, same with mine. He jumps to the drivers seat and lays on the horn lol. But other than that he sits down in his seat and I buckle him up. My 7yr old does all the work herself now. When they were newborns I definitely didn't like having a coupe. Now that their older it's only getting easier.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mauricio rodriguez

Update: got the axel put it, checked everything was good. Went for a around the corner drive did good. Went again this time I got in the gas, snapped the joint. what's your guys take on the situation?
Good thing I have lifetime warranty. Omw to exchange it but just to drive it to work. And stuff