96 Civic Ex Sedan Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337Carbon

Hey Guys

I have a 96 civic ex sedan with worn rod bearing, so im scraping the car. Before i scrap it i would like to part out what i can. What would be worth my time taking off the car to sell?

Thanks

710times

Hey Guys

I have a 96 civic ex sedan with worn rod bearing, so im scraping the car. Before i scrap it i would like to part out what i can. What would be worth my time taking off the car to sell?

Thanks
I need the sun visors lol. Mine didn't come with any.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

1337Carbon

I need the sun visors lol. Mine didn't come with any.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Sadly the interior is not in good condition, or i would try and sell the car as it is. It was used as a DD, so its dusty, and one of the weather strips around the passenger door has a leak. I also think there may be a bad ground since i would constantly get shocked getting in and out of it(doesnt happen in my other vehicles). I imagine, if cleaned up, i could get $400-$500 for the car the way it is. If i part it out, and have patience, i do believe i can get a little more. I just dont know what mechanical/electrical items would be worth trying to resell. Those visors you need i do have, but i REALLY dont think you want them.

710times

Sadly the interior is not in good condition, or i would try and sell the car as it is. It was used as a DD, so its dusty, and one of the weather strips around the passenger door has a leak. I also think there may be a bad ground since i would constantly get shocked getting in and out of it(doesnt happen in my other vehicles). I imagine, if cleaned up, i could get $400-$500 for the car the way it is. If i part it out, and have patience, i do believe i can get a little more. I just dont know what mechanical/electrical items would be worth trying to resell. Those visors you need i do have, but i REALLY dont think you want them.
im only saying i need them because i have none and where i live the sun is horrible. im about to mount a piece of cardboard on there. im not loaded on money hints why i havent gotten a set of visors. what would you want for them

take a picture of the car and post it for S**ts and giggles. i wanna see this dusty wreck you speak of. im in dire needs of visors lol i cant leave the house in the morning without my hat. the guy that had the car before me redid the headliner and failed to put reinstall the rear view mirror and sun visors and left out the screws so i have to find the screws for all that also. i wish i lived closer to you it seems that half of the parts i ever need are back east

Last edited by a moderator:

xxValiumxx

the guy that had the car before me redid the headliner and failed to put reinstall the rear view mirror and sun visors and left out the screws so i have to find the screws for all that also
Oh that sucks. As someone who recently redid their headliner I gotta wonder how those items are something one would forget to reinstall.

The screws for the rearview mirror are 5 x 0.8mm oval head screws, about an inch long IIRC. I think the sunvisor screws were tapped the same, but I may be mistaken.

710times

Oh that sucks. As someone who recently redid their headliner I gotta wonder how those items are something one would forget to reinstall.

The screws for the rearview mirror are 5 x 0.8mm oval head screws, about an inch long IIRC. I think the sunvisor screws were tapped the same, but I may be mistaken.
cant i go to honda and get those unless someone send them with a set of visors or mirror what pisses me off is that the guy didnt even do it right. it takes two hands to close the sunroof cover now because the cloth on there is to thick. all he was trying to do was match the headliner to the dash if i could find a light gray headliner to go back stock i would. the stock color is a dark grey( Color code K) dash with light grey pillar garnish and headliner

xxValiumxx

cant i go to honda and get those unless someone send them with a set of visors or mirror
You should be able to, I'd call first though to find out. do you actually have the mirror/visors, or were they left out completely?

Hey Guys

Thanks
Sorry about the brief threadjack there.
I'd say that the gauge cluster might be worth pulling out. I know of at least one person who wants a cluster with a working tacho, at a decent price.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

710times

You should be able to, I'd call first though to find out. do you actually have the mirror/visors, or were they left out completely?

Sorry about the brief threadjack there.
I'd say that the gauge cluster might be worth pulling out. I know of at least one person who wants a cluster with a working tacho, at a decent price.;)
i have no visors or a rear view mirror. im in need of a cluster also mine jumps around sometimes(both tach and speedo) they do it at the same time. but ive been looking into getting a CR-V cluster. but yes in dire need of a mirror and visors with screws. i totally forgot to tell him that the cluster would be a good thing to remove good call @xxValiumxx oh and the light switch/blinker handle and all switches in the dash like the mirror switch and fogs if you have them. ive been looking for some fogs and the genuine fog harness that plugs in to you headlight switch. everything you can pull out i would pull out. i threw away all my honda parts from when i was younger. i regret it now. i need some parts that i use to have.

Ishtiaq Rahman

Hey Guys

Thanks
If you have and can take out the sunroof motor, cluster, and also in your trunk by the latch there's a cover, I need the screws for the cover. My local auto zone doesn't have any that fit at all. And if you want to go a step further rims and tires depending on what you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.