Introduction

Drakon543

Hello new to the forum tossing up an intro first.
Chain of events and some family decisions blah blah...
I will now be stuck with our 08 civic ex 1.8 5 spd auto. I pretty much cant stand to drive something and leave it stock. Ive already ordered a cai and cat back exhaust as a typical starting point. Probably not going further than that with power as i don't think its worth it with an auto. I will be posting some questions shortly however. Thanks in advance.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Yeah, I wouldn't bother too much with try to add performance to an automatic. Though the exhaust (depending on which you get) can give it a nice sound.

Drakon543

As of the moment im just trying to get it to a point where i dont hate simply driving it. I may just end up ditching it next yr so im just buying cheap crap. If i start doing enough and start liking the car ill buy better parts. I like the new accords and the new camry (manual trans of course) i took both out for a test drive.

Drakon543

Just put on the cat back exhaust. I decided on a gamble and bought the spec d from ebay. Fit was perfect and it looks pretty good. For only 105 shipped it doesn't sound too bad either. A greddy would sound better but this is good enough for now.

Drakon543

So I finished putting on the Cai. That was a pain in the a**. The exhaust is ok about what I was expecting from a cheap eBay exhaust so that's OK. It fit better than I was expecting tho so that's a bonus. The Cai was also a cheap eBay intake which also fit better than I was expecting. I do expect the rubber mount bushings to break at some point and need to be replaced with something better. Anyway I'm pleased with the parts for the price. That exhaust tho is insanely obnoxious with the silencer removed I could only stand it for a few miles and I pulled over and put it back in.