93 Del Sol brake conversion

crabb8

I got a hold of a 94 Integra which I know the rear discs with arms will work. The question is should I use the proportional value, master cyl. and booster as well. This is a start of a compete suspension rebuild.

Thanks for the input.

homercan2

Respected
I didn't use it, I removed the abs, and used the original proportional valve and booster. Brakes good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotorMo

Respected
Congrats on approaching your brake swap. You'll love the difference if your able to swap everything over.
With larger pistons, you want to be able to move move fluid- or your pedal will be super squishy feeling. So you'll want the Integra brake master. Moving that much fluid also requires alot of effort, so you'll also want the Integra brake booster, or the pedal will be super hard.
The proportioning valve seems to be a hit of miss. IMO, I think it would be worth it since the brake system will be dry at that moment any way. Just to make sure it is as 'good as factory'. I didn't swap my proportioning valve when I did a similar swap, because my 97 Civic DX Hatch has the same valve as the 2000 Civic Si with rear disk brakes. So I was content with that.
Do some research and find what part number you have for the proportioning valve, then compare it to other cars that have disk set ups. Chances are you'll need to swap it in order to have the correct pressures at the front and rear of your biased brakes. Unless you're Sol has the same valve as the 'VTEC' model with rear brakes...
Let us know how things go. Good luck.

crabb8

What if I took off booster and ran 2 masters as in a race car with a balance bar? What would be good? What would be bad? Defiantly would clean up the engine compartment. Other ideas or thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@crabb8, please do not create multiple threads about the same topic. I deleted the other thread, moved its lone post in here (#4), and deleted the 2 opening sentences that aren't needed. Keep your questions clear and organized and you'll have a better chance at receiving helpful answers.