Water Leak

williammw20

anyone ever dealt with this problem, my car is a 00 civic ex and it's leaking water from somewhere down into the floor board and it soaksss it. I can put my foot on the carpet and water rushes out for a second. If you guys have any suggestions please lmk. You can tell the difference from where the water has soaked the carpet. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

710times

Is this only when you wash it? Or drive it normally

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check your sunroof drains. the one for the front rund right down the A pillar and should dump out in the lower fender area behind the front wheel. if these are clogged. they will overflow and leak into the car.

other than that. could be a bad heater core... but the otherside would be just as wet.

williammw20

We'll see it was the passenger side at first, then it switched to the driver side and this morning after it got done storming last night I go to leave and both sides are soaking wet. And I'll have to check the drains

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how long has this been going on? recently started? or a long ass time?

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
If it's water, sometimes it can leak from the connection between the fenders and hood.

williammw20

It's water, and it's been doing for awhile but it chooses when it wants to leak into the floor board it doesn't do it everytime it rains. And I'll google that

Seány4banger89

When the leak is fresh check the door sill trim to see if its wet have came across them filling the door up and draining trough speaker hole the drains could be blocked in your door from dirt silt ect

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Seány4banger89

Or if your scuttle drains (under windscreen panel in engine bay) are blocked it could come in trough gromets or cabin filter housing! Sorry my descriptions of parts could be different im Irish

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

98civlyfe

Had this problem with my trunk for about a week after I bought it but had a huge puddle where the spare tire goes[emoji23] I ripped out the interior so quick and tarped the trunk so fast until I could get it fixed! It was the weather stripping after going to pick n pull twice. It was water coming from underneath the weather strip. Use adhesives for weather strip

wingerr

Ha! I agree.

I'm also trying not to think about how foul william's car smells. :shocked2:
Baking powder after it's all fixed. It was the only thing that neutralized the foul odor after a soda spill onto the carpet .

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk