96 EX: No Crank Question/s

leigh-a

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Problem: I am not getting power to the Starter solenoid:

Checked so far:

(1) White Power wire to key switch = 12.5 V with key in any position = Checks OK.

(2) White/Black Power wire from key switch to Starter Cut Relay = 12.5V in crank position= Checks OK
So, Key Switch= Checks OK

(3) Though the Clutch interlock switch is working, I, temporarily, “jumped” the wires to assure a positive ground, so it Checks OK.

(4) The Starter Cut Relay has 12.5V “In” from the Key Switch, in the crank position; but no power Out to the Starter solenoid via the Red/Black power wire.

(5) The Blue/black ground wire from the Starter Cut Relay has NO continuity to ground; and I read that it was supposed to terminate at the G401 Ground Block, behind the Driver-side “Kick” panel, which is rather difficult to access.

My Question/s: (1) & (2)

(1) Is the G401 Ground Block in any way unique in a manner that the Starter Cut Relay Ground wire "MUST" terminate there, or is it simply a "normal" “permanent” Ground device?

(2) Would cutting the Blue/black ground wire from the Starter Cut relay, and grounding it elsewhere cause any “unforeseen” problem/s?

Thanks

leigh-a

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Problem: I am not getting power to the Starter solenoid:

Checked so far:

(1) White Power wire to key switch = 12.5 V with key in any position = Checks OK.

(2) White/Black Power wire from key switch to Starter Cut Relay = 12.5V in crank position= Checks OK
So, Key Switch= Checks OK

(3) Though the Clutch interlock switch is working, I, temporarily, “jumped” the wires to assure a positive ground, so it Checks OK.

(4) The Starter Cut Relay has 12.5V “In” from the Key Switch, in the crank position; but no power Out to the Starter solenoid via the Red/Black power wire.

(5) The Blue/black ground wire from the Starter Cut Relay has NO continuity to ground; and I read that it was supposed to terminate at the G401 Ground Block, behind the Driver-side “Kick” panel, which is rather difficult to access.

My Question/s: (1) & (2)

(1) Is the G401 Ground Block in any way unique in a manner that the Starter Cut Relay Ground wire "MUST" terminate there, or is it simply a "normal" “permanent” Ground device?

(2) Would cutting the Blue/black ground wire from the Starter Cut relay, and grounding it elsewhere cause any “unforeseen” problem/s?

Thanks
Disregard-Problem solved.