Look who is new

Speedr

5+ Year Member
Hey guys .. just bought a 93 dx hatch. Haven't been in the Honda game in a while since that sweet little CRX years ago. The civic I bought has 135k miles on it and is bone stock (it even has that odd luggage rack). I am looking to do some minor mods to it to punch up the performance a little. considering the miles on the engine I will probably just stay with it for a while. Any idea where I should start? I feel like a kid in a candy store reading on this site. Also looking to find a good place to get some seats that sit lower in the car as my head barely clears the roof inside and I am gonna give myself brain damage getting in this thing if i don't find some lower seats. After doing some reading I may have to put some fender flares on it as I was gifted some 16 inch wheels to put on it and I still want to be able to steer. any help or links are greatly appreciated.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
-I am looking to do some minor mods to it to punch up the performance a little. considering the miles on the engine I will probably just stay with it for a while. Any idea where I should start?
Power goals and budget?

- looking to find a good place to get some seats that sit lower in the car as my head barely clears the roof inside and I am gonna give myself brain damage getting in this thing if i don't find some lower seats.
93-97 Del Sol seats will be a direct bolt in and will sit you down a bit lower.

After doing some reading I may have to put some fender flares on it as I was gifted some 16 inch wheels to put on it and I still want to be able to steer.
Why would you need fender flares with 16's, what do fender flares have to do with turning?
You said the car is stock, sitting on stock suspension, 16's will fit just fine, running 205/50/16's for tires.

Speedr

5+ Year Member
Wow, a flood of answers thank you. I was unaware that 16's would function under the car without hitting the fenders. I had seen that most go with 15's under their cars and assumed that was why. As far as power goals and budget, right now I am keeping it small in both respects. trying to get the most bang for my buck as right now the dollar is not long.