Clutch issues

Derek Arent

I just replaced my clutch cuz it went out and I put a stage 3 racing clutch in but now it feels like something not disengaging right in reverse and 1 gear it's jumping and making some noise

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi @Derek Arent Welcome to ClubCivic:welcome:

Did you do the replacement yourself or at a shop? Did you bleed the clutch line after the replacement?

Derek Arent

Hi @Derek Arent Welcome to ClubCivic:welcome:

Did you do the replacement yourself or at a shop? Did you bleed the clutch line after the replacement?
I let someone else do it cuz I didn't have time he said he bleed the clutch but I'm not sure if he did cuz if I let out the clutch and it doesn't start catching till I almost let it all the way out

Otto85

I let someone else do it cuz I didn't have time he said he bleed the clutch but I'm not sure if he did cuz if I let out the clutch and it doesn't start catching till I almost let it all the way out
So bleed it again and see if that helps. Take a clean soda bottle or water bottle, put a hole in the cap to insert a hose into and a small breather hole, fill the bottle about a inch with dot 3 brake fluid. Insert the hose into the bottle down in the brake fluid put the other end onto the slave cylinder bleeder nipple on your transmission. Use a 8mm open end wrench to crack it open, now begin pressing your clutch pedal about half way to the floor keep a eye on your reservoir do not let it empty. Doing this will allow you to bleed the system by yourself without sucking more air into you line.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Derek Arent

So bleed it again and see if that helps. Take a clean soda bottle or water bottle, put a hole in the cap to insert a hose into and a small breather hole, fill the bottle about a inch with dot 3 brake fluid. Insert the hose into the bottle down in the brake fluid put the other end onto the slave cylinder bleeder nipple on your transmission. Use a 8mm open end wrench to crack it open, now begin pressing your clutch pedal about half way to the floor keep a eye on your reservoir do not let it empty. Doing this will allow you to bleed the system by yourself without sucking more air into you line.

So that could cuz the sticking in the clutch cuz the pedal doesn't stick it self I'm new to hydroelectric clutches

Otto85

Spelling and grammar will be your friend please correct your reply so it make sense

Last edited:

Derek Arent

Spelling and grammar will be your friend please correct your reply so it make sense

Ok the pedal isn't sticking it feels like it's in the transmission cuz it's kinda jumps and has a noise like something is loose

Otto85

So the pedal is not coming back up when you release it? The petal does not go to your transmission it is linked to your slave master cylinder )which is the smaller of the 2 reservoirs under your hood on the driver side against the firewall) so any odd squishy or sticking feelings in the petal is usually caused by 1. Air in the system, 2. Low fluid in the reservoir, 3. Faulty slave master cylinder. Given that the clutch was just changed my money is on air in the line from not being bled right, follow the bleeding procedure i posted, top the reservoir off with the dot 3 brake fluid and see if that changes it. Make sure you have the hose submerged in brake fluid before you open the bleeder valve and only open it about 1/2 turn after you have the hose on the bleeder valve and close the valve completely before removing the hose

Derek Arent

No lol the pedal is coming back like it should
So the pedal is not coming back up when you release it? The petal does not go to your transmission it is linked to your slave master cylinder )which is the smaller of the 2 reservoirs under your hood on the driver side against the firewall) so any odd squishy or sticking feelings in the petal is usually caused by 1. Air in the system, 2. Low fluid in the reservoir, 3. Faulty slave master cylinder. Given that the clutch was just changed my money is on air in the line from not being bled right, follow the bleeding procedure i posted, top the reservoir off with the dot 3 brake fluid and see if that changes it. Make sure you have the hose submerged in brake fluid before you open the bleeder valve and only open it about 1/2 turn after you have the hose on the bleeder valve and close the valve completely before removing the hose

lo

Otto85

Yup clutch pedal adjustment would need to be checked and if you don't think the system was bleed right double check that as well