Overheating while idling

meg828

I recently had the radiator replaced. I flushed out the coolant just to be sure there were no air bubbles. After an hour of idling the fans did not kick on. They would turn on when I turned on the a/c but, even then the car still overheated. What could be the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cammac1336

What year and model car do you have?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

meg828

Took off radiator cap. Let car run when antifreeze bubbled out put a bit more in over the period of an hour.

cammac1336

Are you sure the radiator fans are working, not just the Ac fan

meg828

The radiator fans will not kick on unless I turn on the a/c and still even then the car still overheats.

meg828

Yes. Can I find that at any auto parts? How is the kit going to help?

meg828

Update the car is not overheating while idling but the fans still won't kick on until the a/c is on.

cammac1336

Are you sure the radiator fans are working, not just the a/c condenser fan when you turn on the a/c

meg828

I'm honestly not sure. I'm getting it checked out next weekend. Hopefully it's something small

cammac1336

It could be as simple as a bad connection. Or just a fan to replace.

Otto85

Did you unplug the fan switch and jump the connector or did you bypass that test

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Otto85

The fan switch is ground so unplug your fan switch located on your thermostat housing use a piece of wire to jump the 2 posts in the harness side of the plug and turn your ignition on if your fan turns on the switch is bad if it doesn't its either your fan relay fuse or fan itself. The next step would be to unplug your fan and test it plug for power.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk