AC issue, fixed twice broke again

DevilDog89

If I installed a new 7.5 amp fuse and it immediately blew like the first two, would I not then still measure battery voltage on one side and 0 volts on the other? I should have battery power from the battery across the fuse to the appropriate pin in the relay socket assuming the fuse is good.
What does it mean if one tab reads battery voltage and the other reads ~0V?
If this happens, what is almost surely the problem?
The answer should look like a huge Waldo on a small white piece of paper.
What would that mean besides the fuse being blown? I just suck at finding Waldo cause idk what else that should lead me to. If there is battery power on one side then that side of the circuit is good. If 12.5 volts on one side of the fuse is not present on the other side of the fuse then either the fuse is blown or what? Is that side of the fuse possibly grounded, leading the voltage to that ground?

DevilDog89

Test 1:
Remove relay.
Install 10A fuse.
Do you now measure battery voltage in the relay socket at pin 1 in the circuit diagram?
If not, go back and voltage test the fuse to check if it blew.
Test 1:
Remove relay.
Install 10A fuse.
Do you now measure battery voltage in the relay socket at pin 1 in the circuit diagram?
If not, go back and voltage test the fuse to check if it blew.
I found 12.5 volts on both tabs of the fuse and at pin 1 of the relay.
Test 2:
Remove fuse and relay.
Test for continuity between relay socket pin 1 and the corresponding fuse socket pin.
Test for continuity to body ground from the fuse socket pin corresponding to relay socket pin 1.
I found 2 ohms between relay socket pin 1 and the corresponding fuse socket contact. I also read 2 ohms between the other fuse socket contact and the positive battery terminal. I rang the fuse contacts to ground, the relay side read open to ground and the battery side have no reading. I have to buy more fuses before I attempt the third test

DevilDog89

Relay removed, no fuse installed, compressor coil disconnected I measured from relay socket pin 2 to body ground and it was open. I measured pins 1, 3 and 4 and read open at pins 1 and 4, around 130 ohms still at pin 3. Then I measured from the coil connector to the relay socket pin 2 and read about 4 ohms.

DevilDog89

Leave coil unplugged.

Install relay and 7.5A fuse.

Start engine with A/C off.

Does fuse blow?

If not, Turn A/C on (of course clutch won't engage).

Does fuse blow?
As soon as I get more fuses I'll let you know, they only had one variety pack at Walmart and advance with only one 7.5 fuse.

DevilDog89

So I ordered a large kit of fuses and took a look at the new coil I installed today. Long story short, I believe I may have inadvertently pinched a wire between the coil and compressor causing all the trouble.