CC Beer Thread

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love my shiner bock beer, but been on a bud ice kick because its cheap and affordable.. but also love moosehead. spaten, dirty bastard, buffalo but, and deep ellum ipa (local brewery).

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Still on my IPA kick, but always have some cheap beer in the fridge. Been playing a game with my buddy - one handed vortex throwing. Drink in the other hand. You drop, you drink. If we got 10 catches in a row and then someone drops... 10 drinks. And obviously the more you drink, the harder it gets, therefore you drink even more, become even worse.... a never ending cycle. :lol:

Side note, if anyone has Untapp'd (beer app) add me.. XpL0d3r

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've been hitting Sweetwater 420 and Cigar City Jai Lai lately.

Blue point toasted is 3rd on my list this week. But it is a sliding scale.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
STILL on my IPA kick. Getting more into stouts now though.

Had Lagunitas Imperial Stout last night... :yummy:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still haven't acquired the beer taste. I'll stick to malt liquor and fruity umbrella drinks at my local Mexican restaurant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I still haven't acquired the beer taste. I'll stick to malt liquor and fruity umbrella drinks at my local Mexican restaurant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Try a fruity beer like Bluepoint Blueberry or Arbita Purple Haze!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lagunitas is like 20min from my house :cool:

IMG_6771 by Audie Brown, on Flicr

Y'all jelly?
I love Pliny! I was beer trading for a while and traded some Heady Topper for it. That being said, can you get other Pliny beers? Wanna trade for something? lol

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love Pliny! I was beer trading for a while and traded some Heady Topper for it. That being said, can you get other Pliny beers? Wanna trade for something? lol
This is so funny! My best friend and I were at Russian River drinking at the bar (RR is 10 min from my house) when he noticed a can or bottle of Heady Topper in the fridge near the taps. I nonchalantly ordered it because my friend knew what it was and was all about it. The bartender gave me a smirk and said, "sorry man, no can do."

To answer your question, I can get whatever they let leave the facility. Pliny the younger is the only beer I know doesn't leave the building. I'm in Santa Rosa which is pretty central to some good breweries. Let me know what you want and I would gladly trade you for some Heady Topper. My friend's bday is coming up.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here are a few of the breweries close to me:

Russian River
Henhouse
Lagunitas
Bear Republic
Third Street Aleworks
Cooperage

Those are off the top of the head. If you know a certain beer you like and its local I can take a stroll over for ya.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is so funny! My best friend and I were at Russian River drinking at the bar (RR is 10 min from my house) when he noticed a can or bottle of Heady Topper in the fridge near the taps. I nonchalantly ordered it because my friend knew what it was and was all about it. The bartender gave me a smirk and said, "sorry man, no can do."

To answer your question, I can get whatever they let leave the facility. Pliny the younger is the only beer I know doesn't leave the building. I'm in Santa Rosa which is pretty central to some good breweries. Let me know what you want and I would gladly trade you for some Heady Topper. My friend's bday is coming up.
Thanks man! I should have mentioned I currently don't have Heady. I had it last year when I was on a ski trip to VT. There's a lot of breweries in Rochester area though. Genesee is the biggest one. Three Heads, Swiftwater, Rorhbach (great Scotch Ale), to name a few.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man! I should have mentioned I currently don't have Heady. I had it last year when I was on a ski trip to VT. There's a lot of breweries in Rochester area though. Genesee is the biggest one. Three Heads, Swiftwater, Rorhbach (great Scotch Ale), to name a few.
If you'd like to put together a 6pk of 22's from your area, I'll do the same. I know you're into IPAs so I'll stick to that unless you have something specific you wanna try...

Speaking of IPAs... one of my FAVES! RACER 5

IMG_6924 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

Picked this up in an Easter egg hunt yesterday, Lagunitas Doppel Weizen.

IMG_6923 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've started a local craft beer Instagram. Follow it! Roc.Beer

I'm also working on the website... www.roc.beer (yes, .beer domain!) which I will be doing reviews and whatnot of local beers, breweries, and events. Site appearance is still a work in progress though for sure :lol:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm going to Genesee Brew House tomorrow for a beer festival. 40 breweries (mostly local) will be there! And Genny has been putting out some good craft beers lately. They're releasing a Bourbon barrel-aged Old Age... looking forward to trying that one