How to solve low RPM trembling

AviDery

Hi all,

1. I bought my 2007 Civic ES just a few days ago, and I've noticed that in low RPM, mainly when on idle and in a standstill, the RPM drops every few seconds, it is most noticeable when the AC is on.
2. I also see that when idle, the RPM is at around 700.
3. As of now I can see that against my expectations and previous reviews I got for this car, the fuel consumption is pretty high and stands around 12.5 l/100km (19.6 mpg). What measures can I take to improve this number?

Thank you all in advance for your answers and help.

AviDery

Post the CEL codes.
I guess that in order to get those codes, I'll first need to get some kind of a scanning tool.
If you know a different way of doing that, please share it with me.

AviDery

For the 7th generation Civic, you could pull the codes by shorting two pins in the OBD2 data link connector and then watch the codes blink from the CEL. Not sure if 8th gen Civics are the same.
I saw that trick for the 7th Gen and I'm trying to find out if it'll work with the 8th Gen as well. I'll reply with the codes when I'll have them.
Thanks for your help so far.

Drakon543

some auto parts stores are still willing to pull the codes for you for free. also advance sells a small basic scanner that works great for just pulling codes. it's only about 40 bucks I think. also in my experience before I bought my own basic scanner some smaller shops will pull the codes for free.