00' Honda Civic Coupe DD/Project build

Alonsotl05

Respected
Hey guys! I'm somewhat fairly new I've only posted a few times around the forums. However I've never posted actual pictures or updates about my car. So here goes:

The car still has a stock d16y8 I'm going to go look at another stock d16y8 this weekend, I'm planning on doing a vitara boost build. But because this is my daily driver I can't just work on the motor I have now. When I first got the car it was being neglected for two years straight sitting out in the open. It had a few problems here and there including a huge dent on the side from a side swipe. Since I've gotten the car I've done quite a few things to the exterior and interior to get it to where it is now. I'll try to find some pictures from when I got the car. But here are some recent pictures of the car, let me know what you guys think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondad78

Respected
5+ Year Member
Very nice! love those wheels.

what is your suspension setup?

Alonsotl05

Respected
Very nice! love those wheels.

what is your suspension setup?
Thanks man I appreciate it! I have the car lowered on Tein street advanced coilovers. Everything else is OEM at the moment. Looking to buy some new LCA's though.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good man! Love the retrofit!

Alonsotl05

Respected
Looks good man! Love the retrofit!
Thanks man I appreciate it! It was my first time retrofitting headlights. [emoji28]
They don't have the RGBW capability but they get the job done. HID & Halos [emoji1419]

68Camaro

Respected
Looks ballin bro, I wish mine looked half as good . What wheels are those ?

Alonsotl05

Respected
Looks ballin bro, I wish mine looked half as good . What wheels are those ?

Haha thanks man. Took me a lot of work to get it where it's at now [emoji28]. The wheels are hyper black Rota grid V

Alonsotl05

Respected

So I was going to install the front wind splitter today but the brackets I received are not very great.. So I'm going to have to order different brackets for it. In the mean time I did a mock up to see how it would look and I'm diggin it. What do you guys think?

Alonsotl05

Respected

Just got the new brackets! These are pretty good quality. I'll have some pics of once I install the splitter this weekend.

Alonsotl05

Respected

Got it installed today. It was kind of a pain to put on. Lots of measurements and error n trials done.. [emoji854] but overall I'm happy with it.

Alonsotl05

Respected
Just a quick update guys, so last night I went to go pick up a d16Y8 with a rod knock for real cheap. I'm planning on pulling it apart and rebuilding it with vitara pistons and eagle rods and New everything. The engine also came with the tranny which is cool even tho I'm probably going to end up using the one I have now. Depending on how I feel I might rebuild the new tranny with new parts and add LSD. For now tho I'm more focused on just the engine. Any thoughts?

Hondad78

Respected
5+ Year Member
Just a quick update guys, so last night I went to go pick up a d16Y8 with a rod knock for real cheap. I'm planning on pulling it apart and rebuilding it with vitara pistons and eagle rods and New everything. The engine also came with the tranny which is cool even tho I'm probably going to end up using the one I have now. Depending on how I feel I might rebuild the new tranny with new parts and add LSD. For now tho I'm more focused on just the engine. Any thoughts?

Whatever you do, hang onto the other tranny. I have not had luck finding a decent one close by. Keep it as a spare

Alonsotl05

Respected

I finally got around to disassembling the engine. The cylinder walls look like they're in good shape. It started to get really cold so I wasn't able to finish disassembling the block. Once I have the block stripped down I might have to wait until after the holidays to take it to the machine shop