Introduction Gen 7

anthonyelectric

Good afternoon,

Just bought a 2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition.

Any tips on repairs to the front end (Headlights, bumper, fender?)

Thanks,
Anthony

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats on your purchase! Is there anything wrong with the front end specifically?

anthonyelectric

The 05 EX Sp. Ed. needs a
Driver's headlight and front fender
front bumper.

I bought a parts car last night, a 2001 LX with coolant issues....SUPRISE TO ME - NONE OF these parts look compatible.

I've just been stung by a FACELIFT!

So, I guess I'll repair the 2001 coolant problems and sell it, while STILL looking for a parts car for the 2005.

Thanks for your response.

anthonyelectric

Thanks, but I have no intention of buying new parts. I'll be looking for a 04 / 05 to strip and now will be replacing the radiator on the 01 and then selling both.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks, but I have no intention of buying new parts.
For headlights you'll want to.
After 10 yrs, it will be tough finding headlights that are not hazed and faded.
For the money, you'd be farther ahead buying a pair of aftermarket, OEM style headlights, they're not expensive, $70 or so for a pair.

anthonyelectric

Good point, but the non damaged one looks fine. I have no real reason nor intention to sink any more money in this car than buying a parts car I can use to repair the body issues. That $70 would be far better spent on a $400 parts car that I'd make all my money back on eventually and more. (PS - both the 01 and 05 were sold to me for CHEAP).

Mechanically its excellent, the 01 just needs a radiator.

I'm hoping to really just grab a parts car with the body portions I need, repair both cars and wait until Tax Return Season.

I have neighbors that have Civics, many Civics. This will be a fun project, hell it already is!

Last edited:

anthonyelectric

I am now driving the 2001. I bought a 3rd car (2004 DX Sedan 5-speed) and have begun stripping it to get the 2005 EX SpEd Straightened out.

Tomorrow I am dropping the front subframe

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That $70 would be far better spent on a $400 parts car that I'd make all my money back on eventually and more. (PS - both the 01 and 05 were sold to me for CHEAP).
I'd spend the $70 on new headlights in order to see better at night, and I just hate the look of old, faded, hazed and yellowing lights.
I have a hard time thinking it'd be worth buying parts a parts car just for those parts and selling off what's left to "make money back", the 7th gen ranks very low in popularity, therefore you would probably be sitting on those cars for awhile.
I guess it depends on what your time is worth.

anthonyelectric

I'd spend the $70 on new headlights in order to see better at night, and I just hate the look of old, faded, hazed and yellowing lights.
I have a hard time thinking it'd be worth buying parts a parts car just for those parts and selling off what's left to "make money back", the 7th gen ranks very low in popularity, therefore you would probably be sitting on those cars for awhile.
I guess it depends on what your time is worth.

Who/when did I say I was ever going to be driving this car? That's the next owner's problem. I'm saving this 2005 EX Sp.Ed. from the crusher. I now have 3 Gen7s, parts are begin sold of the parts car rather quickly (review thread, I only did this with Civics because there is a huge Civic following in my area, I'm building a Fiero EV and using this money to pay for that conversion. Years ago, they used to put me on the local news for WVO / EV conversions. Now gasoline is "cheap" so this stuff gets less traction).

Update on what has gone on here:
Purchases:
2005 Civic EX Sp.Ed. Coupe A/T 111,000 miles - front end damage - mechanically excellent - $AJokeOfaPrice

2001 Civic LX Coupe A/T 216,000 miles - was going to use to repair 2005 until I got it home and noticed the different front end - Now driving this car daily as its too cold for my DD 1989 Jetta Diesel 5sp. - $AJokeOfaPrice

2004 Civic DX Sedan M/T 258,000 miles - already using parts for both the 2001 and 2005. Transmission already sold. - $AJokeOfaPrice that's already now paying me back, therefore funding batteries for the Fiero EV Project. I've been approached 3 times to sell the entire shell of the car, I've only owned it for 2 weeks!

A little about what my situation is:
I am a landlord, this is my 13th year of doing this and I bought a new place with a garage. I can park 6 cars inside and a good 100 cars on the property if I wanted to. Its zoned as a business, has a lift, heat, electric, and a toilet, so who knows what will happen.

This Civic trio is my first foray into gen7, not my first in Civics or buying cars in the winter and reselling them during tax-rebate time.
The general public doesn't know how to control their own money, tax-rebate time everyone buys stuff at inflated prices.