2015 Honda Civic LX - detect odometer fraud?

SidCivic

5+ Year Member
Hi,

I currently have one 2015 Honda Civic LX, and am thinking of buying another one for the girlfriend as we can no longer share one car due to work schedules. I'm going to be buying used from a private party and will be running Carfax reports, reviewing service records, inspecting the car myself, and having a mechanic run a pre-purchase inspection. Had a couple questions regarding digital odometer fraud:

1. What are some steps I can take to detect potential digital odometer fraud?

2. Does the 2015 Honda Civic LX store the odometer reading on the ECU or on the cluster itself?

3. Would a good mechanic be able to compare the ECU/cluster odometer mileage to the digital odometer mileage, and is this a normal part of a pre-purchase inspection?

I'm grateful for any opinions you have, and thanks for the advice!

FWDKILLER

ecu stored for a 2015 and if buying used make sure the person looks legit and ask them questions about it.if the cars seems legit than buy it. The Best way of buying used car is trust your instinct and know your comfort level.
for me I only care for the engine, tranny and windshield others I don't care about cause they can be fixed or replaced.
if you are getting way below kkb value than there something wrong.

SidCivic

5+ Year Member
ecu stored for a 2015 and if buying used make sure the person looks legit and ask them questions about it.if the cars seems legit than buy it. The Best way of buying used car is trust your instinct and know your comfort level.
for me I only care for the engine, tranny and windshield others I don't care about cause they can be fixed or replaced.
if you are getting way below kkb value than there something wrong.
Thanks for the info FWDKILLER!
  1. When you say windshield are you referring to the front AND back windshields?
  2. Also, are those just massively expensive to replace or is the car never the same in terms of safety or structural integrity once the originals are broken despite replacements?
Asking b/c I rarely hear someone mention windshield as one of the key things they look for when buying used so I want to learn, sorry if silly questions, and thank you!

FWDKILLER

in my state its
Thanks for the info FWDKILLER!
  1. When you say windshield are you referring to the front AND back windshields?
  2. Also, are those just massively expensive to replace or is the car never the same in terms of safety or structural integrity once the originals are broken despite replacements?
Asking b/c I rarely hear someone mention windshield as one of the key things they look for when buying used so I want to learn, sorry if silly questions, and thank you!
in my state its 250$ ticket for crack windshield and also 350$ to replace. So pick one lol I make sure my car has no crack windshield on it.just imagine a cop pulls you over for a crack windshield and kills you lol they don't put up with honda drivers up here I mean national geographic did a documentary about street racing in my own town.

FWDKILLER

if you see an old lady with the car you buying its a instant buy those owners take care of their stuff, if it's a guy below 25 don't do it.

SidCivic

5+ Year Member
Ahh i see what you mean now about the windshield replacement, and hahah hell yeah I agree about the under 25 males vs. the old ladies! Thanks Killer!