Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not a ton of work going on, but what I can when I can. PCI floor plates are laid out and drilled. Interior was cleaned and primed. Rear crash beam will be exposed without the carpet, so it'll take this polish right nice, because show car. And lastly, my buddy gave up on his engine build. It was in his car and hardly driven on as he couldn't get the tune right. He was so frustrated that I pretty much stole it from him, but it was his number, I didn't low ball him...haha. No, it's not a freaking boost build. It's sitting in TN until mid next year though. He's going to bring it out to be even he comes this way. I'm push forward with everything I have here and consider swapping next winter and seeing what's going on with this engine.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Knocked out the first coat of grey inside the car. And the lack of summer humidity is amazing. It's already cured, where it was taking a week or up to two weeks on the bay. Going to try and leave work early today and get the second, and likely last, coat down today. Be nice to start moving in the assembly direction on Friday.

Also, setup my Checkerd Sports ECU holder.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Second coat of grey down. Hope it's fully cured by Friday. I expect it will be, but we do have some rain and cooler weather rolling in. If it's cured, I hope to hang the dash and start sorting out the wiring.

Also, I pulled this old bumper out of the attic. Had it like 14 years. It's a possibility for the car, depending how it lines up with everything.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Friday didn't get the dash in, but it was solid work. Had to make some wiring repairs from a garbage alarm install (Best Buy) from before I bought the car in 2005. But I was happy with what was done Friday.

Last edited:

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
First two photos were Friday work. Just getting things sorted and the repairs made. Second two, Sunday whole my daughter was napping I knocked out the rest of the repairs and got the dash hung.

Last edited:

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Getting the wiring cleaned up and mounting things. Plastics being fitted and cut as needed. Mocking up consoles for wiring placement as things are changing slightly from previous locations.

Last edited:

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
AFR gauge ECU data logging harness comes with a jacket over it, not just heat shrink. And only about an inch of flying lead for connections. OK. Right. Strip that jacket off and make my own setup. "Cut designated wire at the ECU and splice." Yeah, OK. De-pin and solder wires properly. Pin back into ECU.

Passenger side mocked up. Getting there.

Last edited:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any particular reason for not hiding brake lines or doing an inline fuel filter after all this other work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Any particular reason for not hiding brake lines or doing an inline fuel filter after all this other work?
The short, I don't care for brake tucks and didn't need to do a fuel tuck.. Brakes are a bit too far for my taste. Fuel, I considered, but only out of the possibility of needing the space for the breather. While that might sound silly, considering the work that's gone in, its just my preference =)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The short, I don't care for brake tucks and didn't need to do a fuel tuck.. Brakes are a bit too far for my taste. Fuel, I considered, but only out of the possibility of needing the space for the breather. While that might sound silly, considering the work that's gone in, its just my preference =)
Whatever floats your boat, everyone has their preferences. I️ just always really hated the oem fuel filter. Something about it has always stuck out to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, I'm just on the other side of it I guess...haha. I don't mind the look of it and have never really cared about the inline. I did get as far as buying stuff at one point, but sold it as I just didn't care to do it. OEM is fine with me.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks! My back is paying the price currently, after being hunched over doing this work...haha. But I do enjoy wiring, just a slow process, to do it right =)

Looking at the photo again, I need to straighten some of those ground lugs. They appear to not be coming off the board straight...OCD...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ended up being terribly sick over my Christmas vacation time. No work happened then. But before that, I started getting some mock up done.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice helmet bag and air gauge for Christmas. Because every car on jack stands needs these!

Carbon wiper cowl, with wiper provisions. Little treat to myself.

Load wiring worked into the setup. Hope to have time Friday and Monday, as I'm off, to get back inside the car.