Intermittent Dying Problem

John Reading

1997 Civic DX, 5spd. Great running car, started dying on me a while back.

Sometimes it's a quick stutter, and continues to run. Then it progresses to dying where it's like it runs out of gas. Once it stops running, it will restart after waiting, sometimes 2-5 minutes, sometimes up to 30 minutes. (While in this non-running condition, it will not push start)

It did this more when the AC was used then when not. Finally, it quit after I replaced the radiator for seemingly unrelated issue.

Now, it's back. Is there an engine cut off thats related to the coolant system? only codes are O2 sensors

Thanks!!!

John Reading

I'll have to locate the codes, new phone, ugh...

The A/C is not working, so I don't use (no ac work). I did replace the distributor, as the ears had broken off (due to the sudden dying?). I only went to distributor because it died and wouldn't restart which was a departure from the norm.

Normally, it will always restart and run great... until next time, lol!

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Miles? Fuel filter replaced ever? When it does not start check for spark, if its good i would check fuel pressure key on engine off and while running if poss.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

John Reading

The odometer stopped at 167,000 - It's over 200k now tho.
The fuel filter replaced with no difference.

What I don't get is it completely goes away when the radiator was replaced for at least a year until recently acting up again

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Umm yeah that makes no sence at all... id still check fuel press maybe the pump is getting weak/clogged.

Sent from my boujea ass phone