2001 Civic Won't Start After Cleaning Intake Manifold

fathom7411

Since I was getting a p0401 cel for awhile, Wednesday I decided to take on this job after watching a video. After a long day at it, I got everything put back together except for the air intake resonator due to it being such a pain for me to get back in. I started the car up let it idle for a minute or two and all seemed to be working. Shut off car, hooked up resonator put tools away, and went to start up car. Car cracks but will not turn over. Walked away from it for two days.

Saturday I see I have a cel code P0113. I don't believe this would cause car to not start, correct?

I tear everything down back to intake manifold incase there was a hose or plug somewhere that I didn't connect or maybe somehow something was blocking something somewhere.

I didn't see anything different but tried to pay attention and putt everything back together.

Try to start car again and same issue.

I can hear fuel pump turn on.
I checked #6 fuse under hood and it was fine.
I had an extra spark plug that I used to test spark and it was faint orange. I'm not sure if that was due to me testing with an old plug and how much of a spark I would need to actually have for car to start.

Sorry for the long post but I'm just trying to cover everything and hoping for any ideas to turn to next.

MotorMo

Respected
P0113 ( intake air temp fault ) will not cause a crank not start symptom. If you can get a spark to jump the gap of a spark plug, then I would assume you have good spark. Look to see if the 'green key' ( for the immobilizer ) is on solid on your gauge cluster- maby its an issue with the immobilizer system- its doubtful, but worth a look. You could also remove a spark plug after cranking to see if its wet with fuel- to ensure the injectors are cycling. Other than that I'm at a loss for other ideas at the moment- hope this helps.