New clutch is not working.

Youngsoulja2

Alright so I am still fairly new to being an automotive mechanic, switched over from working on boats. That was a huge change let me tell ya what.

Anyway, I bought a 2005 Honda Civic a few months ago knowing it was going to need a clutch soon. Well I got my boss to let me in the shop to change it. I installed a new flywheel, clutch disk, pressure plate, throw out bearing, and a new slave cylinder as well. Got everything put back together and my clutch peddle felt a little spongy. (I used a pneumatic bleeder gun to bleed the slave cylinder). So I started my car and pressed my clutch in and had no problems shifting from gear to gear. My problem is I can put my car in gear, let off my clutch, and nothing happens, it just acts like it is still in neutral. I have a few ideas of where I might have messed up but wanted to ask everyone their opinions on my thoughts.

Could my slave cylinder got off of my release fork when I tightened it down after hooking up mu clutch line?

Could I have damaged the clutch disk mounting the transmission back onto the motor?

Fairly sure I did not do this but possibly installed the throw out bearing backwards? (I'll laugh and be just as mad at the same time if I did that)

If I happened to install the release fork spring incorrectly would that have this effect?

Last but not least, if I did this I might just laugh and smack myself. If I happened to forget to tighten the clutch line tightly into the slave cylinder would it have the same effect?

Thank you all for your time reading this and any input will be much appreciated.

Youngsoulja2

Have you verified that the clutch pedal height is properly adjusted?

I have not yet done that, honestly since I did not change the clutch master cylinder I had not even thought about it.

Youngsoulja2

Alright went in and took everything back apart today and made sure to measure everything. The depth of the clutch disk where it goes on to the input staff on the old clutch disk is 1.225 inches, and the depth on my new clutch disk is 0.833 inches. What would be the reason for the change in depth? Would it be just an after marker clutch kit or would you think the transmission has been changed.

Youngsoulja2

After painstakingly installing and removing multiple times, I decided to pack up for the day and go searching for answers. Went to another parts store that had a clutch in stock and I now have reason to believe that the first clutch I bought had been boxed incorrectly. The second one I got will be installed tomorrow, spent probably an hour comparing measurements on the original clutch that was in it, the first one I bought, as well as the second one. The second one is almost identical to the original one even though it is a different brand of clutch. The one I took out was a Daikin, Exedy's Japan made version from what I am understanding. The first one I purchased was a Luk, I wish I had the part number with me right now but I do not. The second is O'Reileys special, but at this point in time the weekend is over and my car is in the shop holding up a hoist so I gotta get her done one way or another.

Also, yes I have been following a service manual very closely for installation, we have mitchell/Pro Demand at work. It has been quite a help other then the fact I was to stubborn to believe that I got a misboxed clutch.