help!!!

chaboicrosby

my car won’t start and it’s snowing and idk what to do. i think it has to do with my clutch when i push it in but i have no idea how to fix it. need to move the car asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaboicrosby

it’s a 1991 civic incase you don’t know

chaboicrosby

like what? i’m about 100% sure it’s with the clutch because i’ve been having to ouch on it harder lately

chaboicrosby

nothing. the lights come on and everything but then it doesn’t crank when i push my clutch down

chaboicrosby

well i did some digging online and i jumped the starter to the pos terminal and it started right up

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Man it's crazy how people ask for help yet can't be bothered to follow simple instruction

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what do u mean stopper
There is a piece of plastic (circled in image provided by boofoo) that commonly breaks. In the same diagram, see the part just to the right of the circled plastic piece? That's your clutch safety (interlock) switch -- when that switch is NOT pushed in, you cannot start the car (this is a safety feature and also the reason why you need to press the clutch in to start the car).

When you press the pedal down, the plastic piece pushes against the clutch interlock switch - then you can start the car. Without the plastic piece there, that switch doesn't get pressed in, so the car won't start.

Replace that plastic piece (like $3), and this should resolve your issue.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Focus! Go look under your pedals and see if the stopper is there.