00 Civic LX died now no start

Dexter86

1. Was running great. Drove home for work (15min drive) everything fine. Parked car for about 45min to hour. Got in the car to head to the store, drove about 1 mile and then car started to sputter, then quickly died, appeared to run out of fuel. Attempted to start it, cranks like crazy no issue there.
2. Checked to make sure fuel pump works by loosening the fitting at the filter, sprayed all over so its pumping.
3. Watched camshaft move as cranking (belts not broke)
4. Pulled my wires stuck a screw driver in and i have spark.
5. Turned the key to on position i can hear fuel pump prime and the main relay "click".
6. Sprayed starter fluid into intake still no start, just turns over

Now im stuck....

car has 150K, new timing belt about 15k ago, no other major work other then typical maintenance (brakes, exhaust), and yes there's gas in the tank

Any help is appreciated

RonJ

Banned
Check whether spark is bright at all four spark plugs (see my signature).

Check the mechanical timing:

Compression test the cylinders.

Dexter86

.... and then?

Mechanical timing is accurate, everything lines up at TDC
. sparks at all the plugs are ORANGE in color, not white/blue, they are noticeably orange

RonJ

Banned
Orange spark = weak spark. That's the problem, which is usually caused by a bad coil. Test the coil and ICM.

Dexter86

Fixed!!!!!!

Ok so problem is solved:
. replaced dizzy cap, rotor, plugs, and ignition coil
. tried just cap/rotor 1st because its cheaper to replace just that, same problems
. changed ignition coil and started up, kept the new cap/rotor and threw on the new wires just because i already bought them and the old ones were old.
. remove your air box to get to dizzy screws w/o stripping them
. Starts and runs great once again, entire job took ~2 hours its 20 degrees out, good luck all