'00 CX Exhaust

ny00Civic

I'm looking to replace the downpipe on my '00 EX Civic. I was browsing the headers on the site but have yet to find a header that is listed for the '00 CX. Is there a header that fits these engines and doesn;t cost over $500? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the headers eliminate the downpipe on the factor exhaust?
Any help is appreciated.

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You have an EX or CX? header set ups are completely different.

EX is cat under the car, CX is cat built into the manifold. Which do you have?

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My bro picked up a replacement manifold/cat for his 98 LX (same as your set-up) from a company on Amazon for like $200. Never gave him problems.

Sine you are not in CA, you should be fine

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A lot of people end up going with the EX exhaust setup (cat under car, post-cat O2 sensor). That gives you the opportunity to run a standard header. This is an option for you.

ny00Civic

A lot of people end up going with the EX exhaust setup (cat under car, post-cat O2 sensor). That gives you the opportunity to run a standard header. This is an option for you.
I'm thinking this is the route I may end up taking. I hate how rusted the heat shield is on the exhaust manifold and I like the clean look of a straight header coming off the engine. Time to start pricing this exhaust setup. How much of a pain is it to modify the O2 sensor location and setup? Just curious...