ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That is quite the carnage. And planned time frame to have this thing rebuilt?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dayummm

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah...well we can chalk it up to Stage 2 Cams on a stock valvetrain, lots of hard miles, 2 stepping a lot, 8.2k redline (again on stock valvetrain), and me revving it out as often as possible, but at least it was fun while it lasted!

I'd like to have the swap done this winter, since I a lot of space to work in with my own garage that's pretty much a shop lol. The biggest issue with me is going to be getting the wiring right.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wiring isn't too bad. H22's are fairly simple to wire up... I'd suggest converting the fuel lines in your engine bay to SS ones with AN fittings to help with all of the odd placements on the H. Other than that, just extending the alternator wires are the only 'hard' part. Everything else falls into place fairly easily.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I finally picked up an engine. Ended up going with an H23A Bluetop from JDM Midwest Motor Depot. It is the PDE head which is apparently "better flowing" or something. I'm just happy about finally getting some real progress made on this swap!

Anyway, I'll be working on getting the QSD H2B kit installed on the motor tonight and this weekend. Not sure how much grinding I'll be doing on the motor just yet (to make room for the half shaft), I'm gonna be doing multiple testing fittings into the chassis before doing anything so permanent. Also, I'd like to at least clean and spray some clear coat on the engine bay while I'm in there and have everything out of it.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice man! Will be nice to see this thing back in action again. No more looking sad on the side of the highway lol

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice man! Will be nice to see this thing back in action again. No more looking sad on the side of the highway lol
Yeah, I can not wait to finally be able to drive my civic again. It's been way too long now.

So I actually found time this last weekend to work on a couple things. I hit a stopping point since I was unable to get the crank pulley off by myself. But with the help of two 1/2" breaker bars and about 4' of extra piping on each bar, me and my roommate cracked it loose. Buying the crank pulley tool makes everything soo much easier.

Mocked up the new QSD billet motor mount replacement and the custom fabbed rear bracket/axle-halfshaft mount.

I'm debating on doing the timing belt and water pump now since I've got it all out and easily accessible.

dytek9boi

Joined just to see if you had any more progres on this. That B16 carnage was incredible hope you can get it back up and running soon.

And yes i know this thread is almost 3 years old.