00 si freon capacity

canzab18c

5+ Year Member
just finished swapping the b series a/c into my 97 sedan,, all i need to know is the freon capacity and oil capacity for the a/c

i can remember if its 525grams or 625grams.....i believe its one of the two but i still dont know about the oil requirements, i know that some freon cans already come with oil but i dont want to over do it with the oil,,,and i know that over charging will mess up the comp.

thanks in advance

canzab18c

5+ Year Member
thank you RonJ, appreciate it

forgot to add; the cans that i saw at the auto stores were 4oz of oil, and 10oz of freon , do you know if i add the freon (that usually have 1oz of oil already in them) first then use half of the 4oz oil it will be ok or will the oil have to be added first?

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
add oil in compressor,spin it 10 times then vacuume pump your a/c line.

after done vacuume pumping for 30min then add one can of freon to the low side only then turn on the car a/c at full blast then add another can of freon.

all u need is 2 can of regular freon = 24oz.

canzab18c

5+ Year Member
well i dont have any machines to vaccume pump any of the lines,,,unless you can do it withought some special machine, what i did today was add a can of 3oz of an oil mix,, it had 2oz of oil and 1oz of freon...after adding this first through the low pressure line....then i continued to add 12oz of a freon mix....it had 11oz of freon and 1oz of oil.....halfway into the can being sucked in it started smoking and i noticed the front of the condenser had a small scratch.....i let it all leak out used quicksteel and left to buy another can of oil mix and freon.........the quick steel hardened over the hole and i added again the mix of 2oz oil with 1oz freon.....at theis poit the gauge read 0psi......i again continued to add the 2nd can of 12oz freon mix (1oz oil and 11oz freon).......it took the whole can but then after the clutch had been going for a little while it began to screetch.......i turned off the engine and listened/looked for leaks....found none....the quick steel was holding on and i decided to turn on the engine agin....let it run w/o the a/c on and all was fine.....as soon as i turn on the a/c it will blast cold but at the same time the dang screeching comes back (when clutch engages)

so what now?,, any ideas

canzab18c

5+ Year Member
as of now when i added the 3oz of oil mix and 12oz of freon mix....it has 15oz of freon/oil mix

i have another 12oz can of fron mix but im afraid to add it because of the compressors screetching

p.s. it began screetching after the first load of freon and it lost it all......it wasnt screetching from the beggining

belt tension
oil lv
freon lv

idk but hopefully not the compressor

RonJ

Banned
Your A/C system was filled with air and water vapor prior to addition of refrigerant. Air and water vapor mixed with refrigerant is a recipe for disaster. This is very bad and now the entire A/C system is at risk of being destroyed.

You must take the car to a shop and have the refrigerant recovered and the receiver/dryer replaced, and then the system must be evacuated and leak tested. If there are no leaks, then the system can be recharged with refrigerant. You can only hope that the compressor has not been destroyed.

Last edited:

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u can rent the vacuume pump from autozone for free so as the a/c gauge.

also when u used refrigerant oil get 46 pag and only put it on high side.
46pag=asian car
100pag=European car
150pag=american car

wow u didn't do a vacuum pump before u add freon? then your compressor is bake!. buy used compressor 50buck,buy new dryer and redo everything.