'01 Civic Engine swap options

Zane

Okay so I have a 2001 Honda civic lx coupe and want to switch out the engine. What would be the best engine to switch out for that wont cost me that much money, but will improve my car?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Welcome to the forum and great job at asking the most commonly asked question in the history of modifying cars.

GOOGLE or SEARCH. There are so many options for you over the stock D17 you have.

But since cost is going to be a factor for you, looks like you will be keeping your D17 as is. K series engines are still expensive and the swap is not cheap as it requires a lot of parts and labor if you are unable to do the work yourself.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I suggest you use our search function alomg with google because this has been covered multiple times. Once you've done some research, post your additional questions here. Good luck.

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I tweaked your title to be pertinent to your issue sinde yiu wantbto know about engine swap options and not technically a "new engine".

dancam

Registered VIP
Cheapest is to sell that car and buy an older civic and then do a swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HeX

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
lol but at the same time technically true. not much option available for the 7th gen being that honda didn't really make to many different engines in those yrs like they did back in the early years