'01 Civic to '97 coupe dx: parts compatibility

googlemechanic97ek

new to the form but im buying a parts car a 01 civic with full exhast and coil overs and acura meshi rims does anybody know if these and what other parts are interchangeable

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If the rims are 4x100 then theyll fit. Other than that, I dont think there will be much compatability between the two with regards to large parts. Id suggest pulling up the part numbers of the stuff you need on an online honda parts dealer. Theyll show you compatability with any related honda.

BTW, I cleared up your title so you get the answers you seek.

Last edited:

googlemechanic97ek

its the after market parts im concerned about like the skunk2 coil over i think all d series sohc have the same exhaust ports the headers should line up but im not certain

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Keep in mind that if the stock parts are compatible then so are the aftermarkets.

googlemechanic97ek

what parts do i look for compatibility im realy just worried about the coilovers but sence the are the ones i see for sale have either 2001 2005 or 92 to 00 i guess not but if theres some one on here that have can give me a difinitive yes or no that would be great

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude, look up parts compatibility for stock struts. If theyre the same then obviously aftermarket parts of the same models will fit. If youre not willing to figure it out for yourself then youre at risk of being misled by word of mouth. Its simple so dont be lazy. Your member name is googlemechanic, so live up to it.

FYI, many members here purposely dont answer such easy questions. Effort is heavily encouraged and rewarded here.

googlemechanic97ek

the part number for a 97 dx civic is 75-80064 2C and the parts number for the 2001 civic lx 2 door is 75-80160 2C they would be the exact same number if they were interchangable parts correct i cant reallyy find alot to go off of so im just taking it as they wont fit to the best of my knowledge the headers and exhast should fit sence the block on all d series engines are the same

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Coilovers will not fit, most are made for 88-91, 92-95 civic and 94-01 integra, and 96-00 civic. I believe some exhausts are made to fit 92-00 and stuff like clutches are 88-05 d-series, only thing from that car worth yor time would be the wheels probably and only if the car is cheap or t ou can make money parting the car out.