1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

02 civic EX misfire

Discussion in '7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005)' started by kyral, Oct 31, 2017.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. kyral

kyral New Member 5+ Year Member

got a 7th gen civic i think its the d17a2 motor
    anyways what cause very light and seldom misfires?
    the car runs smooth but occasionally misfires when you let off the throttle occasionally while cruising and a little at start up
    i put new plugs in and flip flopped my coil packs cause the codes were cyl 1 and 2 well its still missing on cyl 1 and 2 (coils 1 and 2 moved to cylinders 3 and 4)
    it doesnt affect driveability it just happens randomly. i do notice it but i think most ppl wouldnt
    what are common issues cause this is ridiculous... someones telling me it might be injectors... i dont get this obd2 junk

2. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Do the misfires move with the fuel injectors? If not, compression test the cylinders.

3. Mr.Baker

Mr.Baker Mr. Search Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

How many miles on it?
    Have you had the valves adjusted?

4. kyral

flip flopping injectors is the next step. i doubt its the valves since its very inconsistent and hard to replicate

5. kyral

So its recently become very consistent, experience at at light throttle and when you let off the throttle. car fires right up and seems very healthy when you step on the gas

6. boofoo

boofoo Respected Registered VIP

Did you do the injector swaps?