03 civic ex coilover question

BLZKrAzYCiViC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys, i just lowered my car wit dropzone coilovers. Now two questions, after everything was put on i heard a noise like a clak or a pop in the front when i am just turnin my wheel when i am at a dead stop. if anyone knows why it is doin this, and how i could fix it tell me. By the way i have 18's on it so i dont' know if that is the prob cuz the rim weighs about 28 pounds. Also, if anyone has an 03 civic, i would like to know how low they lowered the back cuz it bottoms out really bad, i just want to see what someone has there set it, i would really apprieate it. thanx a lot :!:

StillenMaxSE99

Boosted It Myself!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As far as the popping goes........I believe it has to do with the way the coilovers are installed in the front like i forgot how to explain it but the spring gets caught up on something when turning the wheel...when the spring is really supposed to turn also...........or something like that....the fix is somekind of bearing you put on top. Here are pix of my sis's '03 Coupe lowered on Ground Control Coilovers and stock shox. Hers does the same thing you've described along with our friend's '02 Si.............I called Ground Control and they say you have to install the top hat right or something or some s**t.......maybe you can call them too and see what kind of answer you get! I'll call again too and see if i get a diff doode on the line.