03 EP3 k20z1 swap

michaelhecox

so this is my first swap and i was just wondering what i have to do for this swap. what mods would i have to do to make the engine work? can i use my stock a3 harness? also can i use my stock a3 ECU? due to lack of money can i use my a3 tranny? just trying to figure everything out. thanks

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A z1 is pretty close to what you have stock, but there's still a bit of money involved to get it running. You can use your stock ecu but it has to have Kpro and you will not have a reverse lockout which keeps you from accidentally shifting into reverse if you used a 6 speed trans. You can use your stock transmission and your stock engine harness. I'm not 100% sure on the intake manifold clearance but i believe you will have room for the prb manifold.

michaelhecox

A z1 is pretty close to what you have stock, but there's still a bit of money involved to get it running. You can use your stock ecu but it has to have Kpro and you will not have a reverse lockout which keeps you from accidentally shifting into reverse if you used a 6 speed trans. You can use your stock transmission and your stock engine harness. I'm not 100% sure on the intake manifold clearance but i believe you will have room for the prb manifold.
if i use my stock transmission will i still need kpro?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes you will still need kpro.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Swapping a engine into a car that does not come stock with it yes engine management is needed