04 civic cranks but won't start

Jess145

So I bought an 04 Civic with 152k miles on it in Oct. 2015, before I bought it the dealer let me take it to a mechanic to have it looked at. I got the all clear from the mechanic I took it to and bought the car. After only 4 months of driving it and 4000 miles put on it since it sits in my driveway. A couple weeks ago I was driving out of town and about 80 miles into the trip I felt a drop in my acceleration. The car dropped from about 75 to 60 with my foot almost all the way to the floor and then out of my rearview I saw grey/blue smoke, when I pulled over and popped the hood the lid to my reservoir was missing and there was water all over the engine. I had the car towed home and a friend of mine who is a mechanic came over to check it out the next day, but now it won't even start. We changed the spark plugs since the ones that were in there looked to be pretty old, probably stock. My mechanic can see a weak spark on each new plug and he can smell the gas, so does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? I did read from a couple places that if there is no spark that it could be the crank sensor, and I ordered one just to try that, but there is a spark just a weak one. And the possibility that all 4 coils are bad seems a little crazy. I need to get it to at least start before I even worry about why I had the issues on my trip. My mechanic friend is stumped so any ideas could help.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
It could potentially be fuel related. So you said it cranks but doesn't start? It could potentially be the fuel pump not giving enough fuel. I'd suggest taking it somewhere so that you don't dump money into parts before you fix it.