04 emission sensors question

slicker-than-you

First post, new to Honda, trying to help my Son out. He has a stock 04 with engine code D17A2, he has spent about $600 dollars in last 6 months trying to figure out the 02/air fuel sensor issue. I finally talked him into taking it to the dealer and have a diagnostic check done, The report says the air fuel sensor (pre cat) has no signal, the 02 sensor (post cat) the heater is not working. We purchased the sensors through local auto parts shop they are Denso brand name and I helped him swap them out. the (pre cat one, which I am assuming is primary) we needed to use the stock plug as it came with no plug, according to the directions we were to hook the blue wire (signal wire on the sensor) to the signal wire on original plug which again according to the insert is the white wire. Then the black wires connect to each other which I assume is the (heater), and the fourth green wire is the ground, The post cat sensor had the stock plug so it was plug and play-simple enough, so I thought, well That still didn't fix it and we have the same codes coming up. Am i missing something or does anyone have a schematic of the wiring harness so I can make sure the connections are correct.

Next question, If we remove the sensors all together and plug the holes, is there any jumpers or anything that can simulate the correct signal, so we can do away with them? And will the car run ok and not be damaged? we just need three more years out of it until he has enough to buy a new one.

Thanks,
Slick