'04 Si manual swap into '02 Auto?

dillon_penney

I have a 02 civic coupe auto and the tranny is starting to act up (158585km) I have a buddy with a 04 Si standard and I was thinking about doing the swap (wanted to change to manual anway) just wondering if it's possible and what's the best way to go about it . Any info at all would be a great help since I'm a newbie to the civics . Just got this one about 7 months ago for 3gs and hate to say that I love the car but not in auto and the d17 is kind of weak. Just any info at all would be awesome as I'm itching to get into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I took the liberty of removing the emoji code from your title as it wont work there. I also tweaked the title to make better sense as the other way sounded like you wanted to swap an auto into an Si, which would be criminal.:shock:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As for the swap, Im certain its been done plenty, so search thoroughly. It will require many parts beyond the engine and tranny. Is your friends car totalled?

dillon_penney

Yes it is but was thinking of just taking the whole cradle from the si everything is still in tact

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not sure what you refer to as the cradle, but at least you'll have everything there from the donor car.

Restotech

Respected
Im not sure what you refer to as the cradle, but at least you'll have everything there from the donor car.
7th gen and newer civics have a cradle that the lower control arms bolt to along with the front and rear engine/trans mounts. Cradle is bolted to the unibody with 4 bolts. I doubt a SI cradle will bolt in a coupe.

dillon_penney

7th gen and newer civics have a cradle that the lower control arms bolt to along with the front and rear engine/trans mounts. Cradle is bolted to the unibody with 4 bolts. I doubt a SI cradle will bolt in a coupe.
They are both 7th gen though are you sure they won't be interchangeable ?