05 Civic Crank no start - I'm lost...

1.7l

Before starting I'd like to say thanks for any help you guys can provide. So 2 days ago I was driving home from work and my battery light came on I was worried so shut off all my accessories. I made it all the way home with no issues I park the car shut off the engine. check my battery terminals and alternator belt for tension. everything looked good so I jump back in the car and started it. the battery light was not on and everything looks good. I park the car for the night. The next morning I came out and the car would not start. It would turn over just fine, I heard the hum from The fuel pump so I know that it's working I checked all the coils and spark plugs and they are working fine, no fuel on the plugs, 12.7 volts at the battery and no fuses blown. My immobilizer is blinking continuously in the on position I've tried my 2 keys and they don't work so my thought is I will have to have them reprogrammed. So you know, I have a aftermarket car starter and some under the dash lighting. I find it weird that the light went away the night before when it ran fine. Any idea what would have caused this? I have a CEL for a air/fuel sensor that I was going to get tomorrow but it's been on for awhile so I can't see it having anything to do with it. Most people I've seen on here seem to have intermittent problems with their cars and my car is not like that, it just doesn't fire period. Thanks again to anyone that can she'd some light on this for me.

angelb123

Ok I drive a 2001 civic and I had the same problem as you, my problem happened when I jump started a Suburban and left the wires attached for about 10 mins. Then as I was driving home my battery light came up but I ignored it. Down the road for like about 15 miles, my car began to randomly pull its self and I was also losing lights on my dash. We tried to make sure that the battery cables where making good contact but that didn't make a difference. It still ran with with very low horsepower. It turns out that I had fried my ecu with that jumpstart. The chances are high that your ecu is fried. What I did to fix it was that instead of buying an ecu and flashing the key with the dealer, I bought a used ecu with the key and the switch. Before all this I had swapped the engine, and when I was done it simply wouldn't start. The problem was that I had forgot to tighten one of the ground cables to the engine. And once I tightened the ground cable, surely did the car start on the first crank.