05 EM2 Slammed!

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you got 16 foot rims it would not lower at all.. in fact it would raise quite a bit.

But I'm going to assume you meant 16" (inches) and not 16' (feet). The ride of your car should not change at all when you change your rims size... because you should choose tires that will make the overall diameter the exact same as stock.

Endemic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh ok thanks.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
The ride of your car should not change at all when you change your rims size... because you should choose tires that will make the overall diameter the exact same as stock.
Now Joe... you know better than that...

The ride WILL change if you follow your above statement..

If you go from a 205/60-15, to a 205/50-16, your ride will become a tad more firm, due to the reduced sidewall height..

More so if you go to a 215/40-17.. The shorter the sidewall aspect ratio, the "harder" the tire will feel, but the handling will increase, as sidewall deflection is reduced by the "shorter tire."

But I think that's what Joe meant to say ;)

Endemic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok thanks a lot..

damn after i dropped my civic and i cant park into my home road so i have to work on the street :(

bec the front is slammed and touch on the road when i park on my home road it have a little bump :(

but it lookin cool though!

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmm... Can't drive it, because it is no longer functional... But it looks cool... :roll: you'll get over it being impractical.. hopefully..

Endemic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
qwikxr said:
Hmm... Can't drive it, because it is no longer functional... But it looks cool... :roll: you'll get over it being impractical.. hopefully..
yeah haha...