'06 A/C sys/power locks install possible?

LostSoul

Hey all, ya got yourselves another new guy here! :roll:

I just recently got a '06 civic. I'm assuming it is the base model, seeing how the only thing in it seems to be power windows. I'm exploring the possibility of putting in myself power locks and an A/C system. I understand the A/C system is complex and a bit of a dream, but I'm comfortable doing basic maintenance on cars and figured I would throw it out there.

As for the locks, I've been doing some research and have access to the service manual. I've seen power lock kits (with actuators, remotes, and such) out there for not much money, but I would like to get someones more experienced opinion on this before I start doing anything. I'm hoping that there isn't major differences between this model and those above it, so it will be a bit easier to install.

As far as what I know, I am mechanically inclined and have some decent experience with electronics and wiring, just not in automotive. I think the best way to learn is to do it though. Any advice or knowledge you folks feel like sharing would be great!

idkfreddy

5+ Year Member
As far as the AC goes, it's pretty pricey. Think someone quoted about $1500 for AC on an 8th gen